Plaster wall repair

I recently had my basement remodeled and the contractor put in plaster (hard coat) walls instead of drywall. It was put in over blue board and has small, textured swirls in it. I have a small indentation in one of the walls caused by a door knob being pushed into it. My question is how do I repair this type of wall and have the finished product match the texturing already on the walls?
Thanks.
If you *did* fix the indentation, you'd have to install a bumper anyway, or the same thing would happen again. Maybe you can skip the repair.

No matter what you do, it will show. Best to mount a bumper or protector there that will cover the indent. Hand a picture of your MIL with her nose in just the right spot.
How about a "knob nest"? http://www.improvementscatalog.com/Parent.asp?product 0684x&dept%5Fid=1
Eric in North TX spake thus:

Ugly as all get-out, but would certainly do the job. (Would harmonize well with the typical new American bland, nondescript contractor's dream tract home, though.)
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

cut it out and put a wooden plaque there, which will look like it's intended to keep the doornob from punching holes in the wall.
I'd rather not put any kind of plaque or bumper where the indentation is if I can help it. I have since put a hinge bumper on the door, but too little too late. There must be some way to fix the problem. I'd say the indentation is about 1/4 - 1/2 inch into the plaster. It's not even extremely noticable unless you're me and know exactly where it is and see it every time I walk by the door :)
Thanks.
Goedjn wrote:

Get a small container of ready-mixed drywall mud, a small spreading tool, and have fun with it. Also get some of the black mesh sanding pads made for drywall & plaster work. As far as the texture, experiment with small damp or wet bits of sponge, plastic forks, whatever it takes. If you screw it up, sand away the repair and start over.