Plaster wall repair

I recently had my basement remodeled and the contractor put in plaster (hard coat) walls instead of drywall. It was put in over blue board and has small, textured swirls in it. I have a small indentation in one of the walls caused by a door knob being pushed into it. My question is how do I repair this type of wall and have the finished product match the texturing already on the walls?

Thanks.

Reply to
brewman_63

Would the indentation still be noticeable if you installed a door bumper in that exact spot? Look at the link below. If it falls apart, go to

and search for the word "bumper".

If you *did* fix the indentation, you'd have to install a bumper anyway, or the same thing would happen again. Maybe you can skip the repair.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

No matter what you do, it will show. Best to mount a bumper or protector there that will cover the indent. Hand a picture of your MIL with her nose in just the right spot.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

How about a "knob nest"?

Eric in North TX

Eric in North TX spake thus:

Ugly as all get-out, but would certainly do the job. (Would harmonize well with the typical new American bland, nondescript contractor's dream tract home, though.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

cut it out and put a wooden plaque there, which will look like it's intended to keep the doornob from punching holes in the wall.

Reply to
Goedjn

I'd rather not put any kind of plaque or bumper where the indentation is if I can help it. I have since put a hinge bumper on the door, but too little too late. There must be some way to fix the problem. I'd say the indentation is about 1/4 - 1/2 inch into the plaster. It's not even extremely noticable unless you're me and know exactly where it is and see it every time I walk by the door :)

Thanks.

Goedjn wrote:

Reply to
brewman_63

Get a small container of ready-mixed drywall mud, a small spreading tool, and have fun with it. Also get some of the black mesh sanding pads made for drywall & plaster work. As far as the texture, experiment with small damp or wet bits of sponge, plastic forks, whatever it takes. If you screw it up, sand away the repair and start over.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom