plaster removal on concrete

Damn Plasterer got plaster on my new concrete slab (wife is pissed). does anyone know of an easy way to remove plaster from concrete? already tried water with stiff brush with little results . any other ideas? I'll try anything at this point so I don't have to listen to the dripping faucet on the tin roof.
My first thought was to put a wire wheel on an angle grinder and go after it with that.
Or maybe a pressure washer.
Yeah, water should have done it. Maybe there just wasn't enough contact time. I'd try putting a rag on it and saturating it, before being more heroic about it.
Might consider a dilute solution of vinegar, but later.
On Mar 11, 8:59 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Scrape it off?
| > Damn Plasterer got plaster on my new concrete slab (wife is pissed). | > does anyone know of an easy way to remove plaster from concrete? | > already tried water with stiff brush with little results . | > any other ideas? | > I'll try anything at this point so I don't have to listen to the | > dripping faucet on the tin roof. | | Scrape it off?
I have soaked the plaster with water tried scraping it off tried power washing and the plaster IS still stuck to the concrete floor.
is it so hard for plasterers to cover concrete when finishing a wall or ceiling. this is not the 1st time this has happened, and yes the plaster is still on the other floor (at the last house we lived in) | |I guess I will try the vinegar I'll let you know how it turns out
any other options?

There is no easy way if the concrete wasn't sealed. If it was sealed, it's still basically impossible to remove all traces. Very few trades would worry too much about protecting the slab unless you specifically told them to cover it and leave it how they found it.
Is this the same installation that you referred to in the thread about nail pops? If so, "no pops yet" really doesn't mean much when you're still doing the initial cleanup.

There is no easy way if the concrete wasn't sealed. If it was sealed, it's still basically impossible to remove all traces. Very few trades would worry too much about protecting the slab unless you specifically told them to cover it and leave it how they found it.
Is this the same installation that you referred to in the thread about nail pops? If so, "no pops yet" really doesn't mean much when you're still doing the initial cleanup.
wrote: | > Damn Plasterer got plaster on my new concrete slab (wife is pissed). | > does anyone know of an easy way to remove plaster from concrete? | > already tried water with stiff brush with little results . | > any other ideas? | > I'll try anything at this point so I don't have to listen to the | > dripping faucet on the tin roof. | | There is no easy way if the concrete wasn't sealed. If it was sealed, | it's still basically impossible to remove all traces. Very few trades | would worry too much about protecting the slab unless you specifically | told them to cover it and leave it how they found it. | | Is this the same installation that you referred to in the thread about | nail pops? If so, "no pops yet" really doesn't mean much when you're | still doing the initial cleanup. | | R
negative different job
and no the concrete was not sealed don't you think it would be common courtesy and common sense to cover everything you are working over. seems like a no brainer. |