Plantation shutters?

Any suggestions for a less expensive source for interior shutters? I don't mind the faux wood type? Although it would seem to me the older type interior shutters, the wooden ones, that allowed for a bit of trimming on the top and sides, would allow homeowners a less expensive way to get that 'custom made' look for a lot less in cost? I don't see any of those available for sale locally anymore. It seems like every place I look offers the 'custom made' shutters at a very high price.
td
Post your question to rec.woodworking and include where you live. Maybe someone will offer a bid for the job, cabinet shop or hobbyist.
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:51:43 -0500, "tiny dancer"