Planking for CapeCod Ceiling

Hello,
HomeDepots' Pacific Knotty Cedar; 6 pieces to the package; 5/16" thick x 3.5" wide x 8' long; installed coverage 14 Sq ft.
Iam installing this on a CapeCod ceiling/(actually roof) (and, yes, i know better, but that is a long story).
The ceiling doesnot come to a peak, but is flat for 3 and1/2' down the center (side walls are 39").
This is going to be the ceiling to this bedroom. Iam installing it in the manner of a porch roof, on to 2 by 6, ceiling rafters to rafter (there is bats of fiber-glass insulation behind these fragile planks). There is a 2 foot space between each roof rafter. What is the best way to do this?
Thank you for any help at all.
Harry wrote:

To replicate shiplap (which is what it was called here a 100 years ago) I was given some very good advice on this same product. As tedious as it was I ran a v groove down the center of each board the same depth as the slight edge bevel where the T+G meet. This not only gave it a shiplap look but eliminated the risk of cupping which is common in this product. Where there was no peak I just filled the join area with some 1/4 round. I, like you just put it straight to the rafters without any strapping. The entire 2 story house has this on the ceilings and now in year 7 with no concerns. If you use a lower grade of the product be prepared to have 20-30% of the product unusable. I used a nail gun and nailed straight in as opposed to nailing into the tounge - splits too easy.
GL