Plague of rabbits

Page 2 of 2

we have 3 dogs, a new bunny has taken up residence nearby. our fence is 6 foot high, the dogs cant get over it.
so mr rabbit sits on one side complacently eating while our dogs go insane on the other.

Great idea.

Rural stores often sell a "gopher bomb" which generates good quanties of CO gas. You light it and toss it down the hole.

Talk with the farmer who owns the corn field. He'll almost certainly want to work with you on this.
Eliminating rabbits is a never-ending quest. They breed faster than you can kill them - Just ask an Australian.
An Aussie told me that it was not unusal for farmers to kill a few hundred rabbits a night. In OZ, you need a license to kill kangaroos and you can't sell the carcass to a slaughter house unless you shot the roo in the head. But nobody cares how you kill a rabbit.
While trapping may provide you with food and pelts, it will not make much of a dent in the population. Also if you are in North America, rabbits usually carry a virus and you need several days with a high temp below freezing before you kill them for food.
I had a neighbor who had two very well-trained Dobermans who would not cross where an electric fence once was. It was not unusual to find dead rabbits in his yard in the morning. One morning there was a very young deer dead in his yard.
To me at least, rabbits are a justification for assualt rifles.
Dick
Rabbits are a worldwide agriculturial plague especially in OZ.
An Aussie was telling me squirrels were cute until I explained to him squirrels were nothing more than rabbits who live in trees
Dick
Hide the carrots !!
Hide the carrots !!
Put a hose on your tail pipe and put in the the hole ,I got rid of a ground hog that way. Jerry
I have a small dog that just loves chasing rabbits. They run him ragged, but he loves it.