Pillows!

The article inferred that it was more of a problem with people whose health was already compromised in some way.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

You're about to write a story which, to anyone who's taken courses in research methods, is meaningless. Where did you get your journalism degree?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

You're not upsetting me at all. I'm playing your editor/boss here. The way you formulated your original post was (to use an analogy) like comparing an argument with a toddler to a boxing match with a pro boxer.

Instead of coming here looking for "icky old pillow" anecdotes, which are likely to be meaningless, you should be interviewing doctors who deal with the types of people who, according to the research, are most likely to be affected by the fungi which are normally present everywhere.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I think this may not be the right audience for your story but I suspect you know where it will sell. I'll let you ponder the demographic of a home reapir NG.

Reply to
PipeDown

Some reporter. Next thing you know, you'll be working for Gannett. One rung lower on the ladder and you'll be in a 12 step program for people who begin news stories with the word "and".

Reply to
Doug Kanter

"Goedjn" wrote

You don't wash your underwear, unless it stinks? That underwear sniffing, is a sickness.

Reply to
Alex

It might make a good story about how a simple fact can cause people to overly worry about something that is very minor.

Of course there are people with special problems that need to know theses things, and hospitals in the UK and Ireland are learning about infections that are easily spread in hospital ( the US is a little behind ) and this could be something of a sidebar to that.

However unless the story is handled carefully it is likely to cause more scare than knowledge.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan