Phone plug "snot"

Page 2 of 2

Yeah, but when he changes the jack, the phone works. Maybe just a little surface corrosion on the contacts? Q-tip, alcohol, blow torch, whatever?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

My thought too... ...

Probably another connection that is intermittent (like the back of the block that makes contact again after being messed with for a while.
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:38:28 -0500, Jim Redelfs

AH HA! Ok. I'll see if maybe there's an intermittent short somewhere else up the line. Thanks!
max

So who's been in the bathroom for the past several months? I hope you wore rubber gloves.
this newsgroup with:

LOL

That snot Snot. :)
Max wrote:

You can't answer a troll. You have to starve them. Please DO NOT reply to the troll's "message"
Lou
this newsgroup with:

I'm not a troll. It's a valid question and those who were more helpful than you provided a valid answer.

Nobody else said it, so I will- how close is the outlet to the counter, or any other surfaces that get sprayed with cleanser on a regular basis? Is this a wall jack and wall phone, or a baseboard outlet? Only other thing I can think of is the hot damp air reacting with the mold release on the jack, or the jack itself is incredibly cheap plastic, and decomposing in the heat and humidity. The anti-rust jelly the telco guy described in his post is unlikely to be in an inside-use residential jack, especially one you yourself bought at the big-box and installed. Next time it fails, try to find a jack not made in China.
aem sends....

That will be a challenge, indeed. Those few that are NOT made in China are made in Mexico.
Then, again, the RJ11 connecting block is not a particularly sophisticated device. It shouldn't make any difference WHERE it's made. They're all cheap junque anymore. <sigh>
--
:)
JR

No project too small

And what's wrong with that?
Mexico doesn't have nuclear-tipped ICBMs targeted on American cities. Mexico is not a communist dictatorship. Mexico has a capitalist economy. Mexico has a (more-or-less) freely elected government. Mexico doesn't execute people for expressing their political beliefs. Mexico doesn't imprison people for practicing their religious beliefs. Mexico doesn't control its population by forcing women to have abortions.
If you can't buy something made at home, better you buy it from your poor but decent next door neighbor than from nasty SOB on the other side of the globe.
--
Regards,
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 14:17:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) graced this newsgroup with:

not to join the political debate but if Mexico put more of their profits back into the economy, we might not have so many of their noble citizens running for the border.
but you're right, better them (and Canada btw), than China.

There are certain countries that I will not hesitate to buy from. (not listed in any specific order) USA - absolute top preference and will pay higher price to obtain it if I can Canada Mexico Germany UK Korea Japan Taiwan China - but only if there is no other option and its something that I have to get now.
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:15:00 -0700, "Eigenvector"

what's concerned me is the recent rash of recall on toys and other items containing lead paint from China. Also every baby toy from China seems to be recalled for a choking hazard. Let's not even mention the dog/cat food fiasco.

I just purchased a "pair" of 18-inch bolt cutters from our local Ace Hardware store. I had two choices:
$20 - China
$50 - USA
I paid $30 more for the USA-made tool. The USA-made tool exhibited obvious manufacture and feature superiority to the China-made tool.
Obviously, I hope it was worth the 150% price difference.
--
:)
JR

Nothing. I do, however, kinda miss the days when one could buy something - ANYTHING - made in the U.S.A. <sigh>

I agree completely.
--
:)
JR