Pet odor removal

I buy houses out of foreclosure, rehab them and resell them or (OMG) a profit. The banks don't like this much but I really don't care. The houses with the most profit potential are the ones that have pet odor and mold. I have tried everything on the "over the counter market" and not one of them is worth the effort to drop them in the shopping cart. Even the sealing primers and paints don't work long term.

Is there any product out there that works on pet urine? Is there any product out there that works on mold?

Reply to
exring

A tragic insurance fire is the only sure cure I am aware of. Sealers and ozone generators and such do work, but often, even years later, in hot damp weather, the smell comes back.

Reply to
aemeijers

A commercial ozone generator. The kind used after removal of a large, very dead, thing. It will kill odors, mold, mildew, roaches, mice, and anything else organic.

Reply to
HeyBub

In other words - consider arson.

But never ever be a pirate and download stuff without paying for it - because that's bad.

Arson - Ok.

Pirate - bad.

What's an "aem"? You?

What gets sent?

Reply to
Home Guy

If it's not too bad: Use Nature's Miracle on the urine. Use borax on the mold.

If it's more serious, you gotta rip it out and replace. If you are serious about this business, find a guy you trust and let him replace the stinky stuff (carpet, drywall, etc). Do it right and you will be rewarded.

Reply to
paulaner

It's called making a joke. Look it up. No judge or jury would consider what I wrote an actual incitement to commit arson.

And if you had ever had to deal with an animal-stinky house, you'd know why people say things like that, in jest.

But since you are clearly humor-impaired, well, never mind.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Total replacement of carpet and pad, plus cleaning of the concrete underneath for pet urine; and total mold remediation with a federal inspector for mold. Everything else is less than total remediation, and can come back to bite you on the disclosure, or later if you don't disclose.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Sends what?

Reply to
Home Guy

My guess (going back more than a decade) is that his name is A. E. Meijers (another spelling of Meyers?)

What you got.

Reply to
krw