Patio door replacement

I have a 6X6 ft slideing door, and want to replace it with a patio swing door.
I would like to find a size that's exacty the size as the old (10yr ) door as I have vinyl sideing and don't want to have to remove and replace that. I may have to go with a larger door, and trim the siding.
I also have a laminate floor in the kitchen where the door is at and am not sure if the sill on the new door will be the same,as the old.
If the sill is narrower, the expansion gap for the flooring will be to large to cover with the strip thats there now.
Any idea's?
Thanks
Tom

Yes. Go the the store and get some measurments. Only then can yo tell what you need. Most doors fit standard openings so if the house is not too old, it should go easily.
My new patio replacement left a 1" gap between the bottom and to where the vinyl flooring began, revealing the wood flooring beneath. I just placed an aluminum floor strip over the bare spot and it looks great and holds down the floor covering. Various widths are available.