PATIO DOOR

I am renovating my screened in patio. The foundation is slab concrete. I want to install a patio door where there is now wood framed screen windows. I know how to frame it. My question is in regards to the floor. Can I install the door directly onto the concrete slab? Should I put a subfloor under it? How could I secure the sill to the concrete slab? Thanks for the help....

Reply to
lifl2003

I lay a couple of "large" beads of silicone "after" the area is cleaned and I pre-test the door and know it will fit. Carefully set the jamb in and not disturb the silicone. The instructions coming with the door will explain what is actually required in your case.

-- Oren

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Reply to
Oren

Consider french doors, which will come with an aluminum sill plate which does not have to be anchored. Sliding patio doors suck in my opinion.

If you have to anchor to the concrete, no problem, just make sure there are pre-drilled holes in the bottom framing, set your door, shim it and all that, then drill the concrete with a hammer drill 1/4" carbide masonry bit, pound in plastic anchors and screw in flat head screws.

Reply to
dreamchaser