Painting wainscot...

After receiving several quotes for painting my kitchen (and after the heart medication), I will be painting things myself. In my kitchen, I have a goodly amount of wainscot... Spraying is out of the question. I was thinking a reasonably deep nap roller?
Comments?

A good brush. A very good brush, the cheap ones do a crappy job. Ed
I agree - use a brush. A roller will give you an 'orange peal' effect like they do on a wall. That's probably not what you're looking for. Now one trick I used when I painted mine was to use the roller to get the paint on the surface to start with, and then go back over it immediately with a nearly dry bush to get rid of the orange peal look.
wrote in message ...

Hi,
Cut it in with a hand brush and roll the rest with a medium nap roller. Prime it first and it will look great.
candice
snipped-for-privacy@bravesw.com (Charles Gilley) wrote in message

Has the wainscoting ever been painted before? What is the finish now? How old is it, or the house?
Greg
All comments are valid. One more though is that kitchens tend to have grease on all surfaces. This may not be too much of a problem if you apply an oil based paint (my choice) but if you use a latex wash the woodwork first with a degreaser. I'd use real TSP. If you don't the paint will lift in the most visible location.
Boden
Charles Gilley wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@bravesw.com (Charles Gilley) wrote in message

The wainscot is bare wood (new). The idea of a good washing still applies, as it has been in the kithcen a fairly long time.
Good brush it is.