Painting over dark colours..

Have a wall that is painted with dark purple emulsion paint and wish to paint over it with magnolia..
What is the quickest way to paint over it without the colour coming through?
sPoNiX
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

From my experience, use the best quality paint you can find. I went over a very dark red with a yellow. It covered very well with one coat and perfectly with the second coat. You can use a primer if you think it would help and have the primer tinted to match the new color.
S P O N I X wrote:

"Quickest"?? Depends upon your skills, equipment, product, temperment, etc..
2 coats with a roller and decent paint.
Unless you're in a hurry. Then use 1 coat and just throw it up on the wall directly from the can.
-- Liam
Dark to light or light to dark or one strong color to another strong color is all the same. Use top quality paint and it is easy. Look for paint with high hiding ability. Don't buy the cheap bargain stuff.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:23:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (S P O N I X) wrote:

Use a primer. The power paint rollers will give you speed.