painting over aluminum sealant?

My apartment faces part of the building's flat roof, which was just replaced with single-ply EPDM. The roofers painted everything with Bulldog fibered aluminum sealant, and I mean everything, including vents, posts, and about four feet up the walls. If there's any sun at all, it's literally blinding -- like living in a giant pie pan. The landlord doesn't care if the silver is painted over, as long as it doesn't cost him anything and doesn't affect the performance of the sealer.

I'd love to just roll over all of it with some good off-white or sand-colored exterior latex paint -- would that work? Failing that, Palmer Asphalt (mfr of the sealant) also makes a white elastomeric coating. Could I use that, and tint it? Would the sealant itself be adequate primer for the elastomer?

Thanks!

Reply to
vetiver83

I think any of those ideas would be OK. when I have a painting question I take to the guys at the paint store. Go to a real paint store. I use sherwin williams but thats just because I respect the guys who work there. they are experience and knowlegable. They also want to sell you paint so bring your wallet.

Reply to
Lawrence