Painting horror - interior wall.

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:18:57 -0700, Cindy wrote:

I didn't see drips and spatters anywhere above. Good pain is 100% latex and is designed to hold to the brush/roller and spread on the wall. It's a "non-newtonian fluid", designed to slide when pressure is applied and glop otherwise. Cheap paints have clay as a filler don't spread a nicely and will soak up any moisture around. ...including the next coat.
Saving a few bux on paint is foolish. ...even a 50% savings is dumb, considering the time spent on the job.
--
Keith

Agreed, except that good paint is 100% acrylic. I don't think 100% latex makes any sense. Anyway, I like to say - I don't use cheap paint. I can't afford it.
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:29:55 -0500, Prometheus wrote:

Good grief! Bob Vila doesn't even know which end of the brush to hold, and people buy paint with his name on it?
--
Keith

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:09:26 -0500, Prometheus wrote:

Absolutely! I no longer allow my wife to buy paint. If it needs to be painted it's my job, so I pick the supplies. The Benjamin Moore products are amazing (not to mention th help I get from the local store), compared to the cheap shit. Yes, it's expensive stuff but so is my frustration. BTW, she doesn't get to pick colors anymore either. ;-)
--
Keith

Both BM and SW make cheap junky paint, and they both make expensive high quality paint. It's useless to talk about brand without talking about product.
snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com says...

Actually, I didn't write any of the above.
I don't doubt that BM and SW make some junk, but I haven't seen any of it. The store I buy BM products doesn't seem to carry them. ;-)
--
Keith

Steven L Umbach wrote:

Was that white primer compatible with the paint???
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
The primer was called Zinnser FastPrime 2 and it said that it for use over and under latex wall paint on drywall. Maybe my wife did not bother to shake or mix it properly?? --- Steve

Hi Steve,
I saw the exact same situation on "Weekend Warriors" on HGTV. Red wall, drippy, etc. It ended up being the paint. They returned it, got new stuff and it worked fine. Glad your wife is listening to you :-)
Cin
--
Newsguy All-in-One Accounts: Unlimited, HiSpeed Internet Access, 2 SpamHippo
protected mailboxes, 50Mb website and 3Mb/month Newsguy Usenet downloads. Only