Painting Chrome Oven Drip Pans

Would four cost $40.00?

-- Oren

Oren

on 9/28/2007 5:54 PM JoeSpareBedroom said the following:

I had a Kenmore (Roper) gas range with chrome pans. I never saw any pans that were not made for electric ranges.

Reply to
willshak

Probably closer to $30.00 in black, if the OP meant "Range drip pans" like these:

I can't see why anyone would need FOUR oven drip pans, and can't recall ever seeing any chromed oven pans anyway.

I think we've just about "saucered and blowed" this thread now, eh?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Paint them and you food will be contaminated with the paint fumes

Reply to
ransley

I concede; never having a chrome drip pan!

eh?, huh?, eh?

-- Oren

"equal opportunity, not equal results"

Reply to
Oren

If you were questioning the metaphor, it's:

A Midland US expression, I think. "Saucered and blown" (or "sassered and blowed" or the like) means "ready" or "finished". The basic concept is that the coffee in the cup is too hot to drink, so one pours some into the saucer and blows on it until it's cool enough to drink, then pours it back into the cup.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I am the original (idiot) poster and I did mean the four drip pans on the stove that surround the gas burner. They do cost anywhere from 5 to $10 a piece and the black porcelain ones are around 7 with shipping.

Reply to
Jeffy3

I refuse to believe that anyone whose name starts with Jeff could possibly be an idiot.

But I do think that buying the "tailor made" black ones is the way to go.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Hardhead :)

Yes; given the cost of a spray/porcelain/paint type product, time, effort and no assurance they will work as stated.

-- Oren

"equal opportunity, not equal results"

Reply to
Oren

Get the old surface completely free of grease and oil with a lye wash or similar and then give the surface some tooth with wet or dry sandpaper, Use barbecue black or engine black. If available the satin finish seems to hold up the best. Warm the surface to about 200 in the oven before painting and then put them back in the oven to cure and it should last a good time. You might hav to refinish them sooner than the porcelain ones but paint is cheap. Holds up well on motorcycle parts too, never liked chrome.

Reply to
beecrofter

So you've painted chrome, with success?

-- Oren

"equal opportunity, not equal results"

Reply to
Oren

replying to JoeSpareBedroom, JOSEPH ALIZIO JR. wrote: The Topic Is HIGH HEAT PAINT Obviously. Please Pay Attention From Now On Please.

Reply to
JOSEPH ALIZIO JR.

Don't you know how to tell time? JoeSpareBedroom moved out about a decade ago.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I would not paint them.

In the likely event the paint would burn off, the particulates would ruin the food>

Since they are inside the oven I really don't see the point in painting or replacing...but if they really bother you, get new ones.

Reply to
philo

And I keep meaning to paint my paint brush! 😜

Reply to
Gialana