Painting Chrome Oven Drip Pans

Page 2 of 2
Jeffy3 wrote:

Just in case I didn't understand you correctly, your subject line said "Oven Drip Pans".
Izzat what you really meant, cause I've never seen chromed pans which go inside an oven, but I guess they could exist.
Were you maybe trying to describe the round pans which go under electric heating elements on the top of the stove?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Would four cost $40.00?
-- Oren
Oren wrote:

Probably closer to $30.00 in black, if the OP meant "Range drip pans" like these:
http://tinyurl.com/37h6wx
I can't see why anyone would need FOUR oven drip pans, and can't recall ever seeing any chromed oven pans anyway.
I think we've just about "saucered and blowed" this thread now, eh?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Paint them and you food will be contaminated with the paint fumes
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:57:55 -0400, Jeff Wisnia

I concede; never having a chrome drip pan!
eh?, huh?, eh?
-- Oren
"equal opportunity, not equal results"
Oren wrote:

If you were questioning the metaphor, it's:
A Midland US expression, I think. "Saucered and blown" (or "sassered and blowed" or the like) means "ready" or "finished". The basic concept is that the coffee in the cup is too hot to drink, so one pours some into the saucer and blows on it until it's cool enough to drink, then pours it back into the cup.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

I am the original (idiot) poster and I did mean the four drip pans on the stove that surround the gas burner. They do cost anywhere from 5 to $10 a piece and the black porcelain ones are around 7 with shipping.
Jeffy3 wrote:

I refuse to believe that anyone whose name starts with Jeff could possibly be an idiot.
But I do think that buying the "tailor made" black ones is the way to go.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Hardhead :)

Yes; given the cost of a spray/porcelain/paint type product, time, effort and no assurance they will work as stated.
-- Oren
"equal opportunity, not equal results"

Get the old surface completely free of grease and oil with a lye wash or similar and then give the surface some tooth with wet or dry sandpaper, Use barbecue black or engine black. If available the satin finish seems to hold up the best. Warm the surface to about 200 in the oven before painting and then put them back in the oven to cure and it should last a good time. You might hav to refinish them sooner than the porcelain ones but paint is cheap. Holds up well on motorcycle parts too, never liked chrome.

So you've painted chrome, with success?