Painting chimney siding

The portion of the chimney that sticks out above my roof is covered on all four sides with wood siding - which needs repainting. What's the best way for a homeowner to accomplish this task? I want to use a roller so I need some kind of contraption to keep the roller pan level on the roof. It's a one-story house and the roof line is just a little over 8 ft above ground.
Thanks for any advice.
On Aug 11, 7:57 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Use a "mini" roller with a small plastic grid that goes inside of a 1 gallon paint can.
JK
on 8/11/2007 8:57 AM snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com said the following:

I just painted my 4 Seasons sunroom's roof ( story earlier in this group). I used a 4" x 4" x 24" piece of post wood to set under the low end of the roller pan to level it. The wood was positioned just inside the rear legs of the pan. Lay the empty pan on the roof and measure how much *you* would need to level it.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY