painting a new house

my wife and I are in process of buying a new house. We are planning to paint most rooms and have been investigating color schemes.
I am looking for web sites which will show color schemes. Behr.com is what we've used so far.
One issue we have is we plan on making a wall X color and all other walls y color. I have not found a web site which allows me to see this, suggestions? Basically our accent color is being put on a single wall, but we haven't seen web sites which support this.
Feedback welcome.
What's wrong with painting the whole inside of your house in a nice clean, neutral off-white. If that is too bland for you, hang up paintings or other art objects. If you really want to splurge, paint the trim a semi-gloss light beige.
That way you only need two cans of touch up paint, instead of a dozen. Easy to maintain. Keep life simple. Think Walden.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Benjamin Moore is selling little sample sized bottles that will be a help. Wish I had it last year. I bought a gallon of custom tinted paint for my exterior trim. It was a very nice shade of green I chose from the chart. Got it home, painted three feet of trim on the garage door and it was UGLY.
The good part of the story was my local very reliable dealer. I took it back and just asked him if he could tone it down by adding some black or something. He would not hear of it and insisted on giving my a new gallon of the color of my choice.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

refer others to him. "One hand washes the other" thing.
inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don\'t know

Bardell's Decorating in Woodstock CT is well respected amongst both pro and homeowners here. Bob was the manager of a S-W store in town and went out on his own about 18 years ago. He built his business by selling good products. If he handles it, you can be assured it is good quality. You can ask questions and get honest answers
I've heard him give a customer an honest answer when asked "what is different between this brand and that brand?" and he replied "I make more money on that one, but they both do the same thing."
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I love it! Unfortunately I'm too far away to trade there, but hopefully others nearby will see your post.
inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don\'t know

and he replied "I make more

Copping a bit of a tude?
white sucks and shows

There are many factors you overlook. Floor color, lighting, window treatments, furniture color....... All of these will have a direct effect on the color of the walls.
What looks good on a web-site picture may not be what you'll actually be seeing in your room.
Pick a color, buy a quart, & try it somewhere on a wall. Same with accent wall.

Nothing wrong with it, but why not add a little life to your life by adding color? I just cannot imagine going through life with white walls.
One thing to remember, not matter what color you end up with, good paint and a good brush/roller makes for a better and easier job .
"White" is o.k. with me. There are a lot of "whites". Furnishings can add a lot of color. I've lived in a house done in several whites. The difference between matt and gloss makes a big difference. TB
"White" is o.k. with me. There are a lot of "whites". Furnishings can add a lot of color. I've lived in a house done in several whites. The difference between matt and gloss makes a big difference. TB
Sherwin Williams has a site that will do this. http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yourself / Click on Color Visualizer. Select a color and drag it to one wall, a different color for a different wall. You can even change the colors of the ceiling and furniture to better suit what you have. I don't think you can change the flooring though.
Melissa
Melissa- this web site is an excellent resource, thank you for the referral.