paint mismatch

Bought 4 gallons of Home Depot (Behr) latex paint for some room painting.
I used roller and edge tool to paint the first room. It looks great.
However, on the second room, the part where I used the edge tool shows up lighter that the walls where I used the roller.
What would have caused this? The paint is completely dry now.
Thanks.
trailer wrote:

Most likely you didn't mix the separate gallons before using and "cut in" the second room w/ different mix than you finished rolling out with.
Second, lighting differences and texture between the roller and the pad can make apparent differences shade.

Did you mix all 4 together before painting.

Agreee with mixing all 4 gallons together, but color making is extremely accurate these days. So its more likely that the paint is thinner with the edge tool gizmo. I usually mask everything, do the cut ins with a sash brush, then roll without fear because the masking allows me to get the roller real close to the trim because its masked. A second coat will fix it. Edge cutter gizmos are usually a waste of money, mask, brush and roller is still the best IMHO.
RickH wrote: ...

I'd say your luck w/ the mixing stations is better than mine, then...

Better than the old manual systems, but I always re-mix everything in a 5 gal bucket first too.
RickH wrote: ...

Then you'd not know how good/bad the match is, then, anyway... <V,VBG>

Were the pre-existing colors the same in both rooms?

The foam edge tool puts on a smooth coat and the roller puts on a bit of texture so the smooth part reflects more light and looks brighter.

As was mentioned, the paint should have been mixed in one big bucket. Was this mixed paint at HD or just 4 seperate gallon cans already mixed ? Check to see if they were the same lot number. Even this does not make it all look the same.