Paint matching - Home Depot / Lowes or paint store ?

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:30:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

We needed to paint our porch the same color as our new sidings and took the sample of siding to Lowe's for them to match. The clerk waved the sample in front of whatever little scanner they use and it was mixed in about ten minutes. He then smeared a sample of the paint on to our siding sample. In five minutes when the paint dried you couldn't tell where the paint had been daubed on.
I'd say it was a good match. <g>
Linda *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* "...What they say, don't believe; Every hope needs room to breathe. Show me where it says I can't keep dreamin'. Ain't no law that says I can't keep dreamin'..." .....Rupert Holmes, "Show Me Where It Says"
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com said...

I've tried a similar procedure. I believe it was at Sears. The scanner was basically useless and I had to get a good match by searching their chips with the old cranial scanner.

under fluorescent lighting and outdoors on a sunny day aren't always the same thing. Especially after the paint has dried or aged or whatever it is after a few weeks.
I've never had a problem with Home Depot or even Walmart matching paint. I have had more experience with Walmart and highly recommend them and their paint.