Oxidation Removal on Garage Doors

I have just recently purchase an older home and in the process of cleaning it out. The garage doors are structually in great shape but there is a thin film of chaulky oxidation on the outside doors. Does anyone not of a mixture that can be sprayed on to remove the oxidation without harming the factory paint.
What type surface? Aluminum, wood, . . . .

It's made of aluminum. When I rub it with my finger the chaulky substance easily comes off and reveal a nice coat of paint underneath.

Gotcha - wash with warm water and mild dish detergent. Use a rag - avoid a scrub brush - you shouldn't need it. You can actually take a paste car wax and wax them the same as you would your car. I did this to mine (I live in Houston) where the heat is tremendous. I've done it once in about 2 years and the neighbors think I replace them every 6 months. LOL! The good thing is that after you wax them, you can hose them off ever few weeks or months as needed and nothing sticks to them.
Jim
wrote in message:

Thanks alot. I'll try it over the July 4th weekend. I live in the Dallas area so I know what you mean about the heat.