Outside Christmas LED Lights -- dull and weak....

Page 1 of 3
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led lights. I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot, and Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.
So, I bought a set of led lights strings with C7 led lights. 50 lights on a string, total wattage of 3.7 watts. They say these are much cheaper to run because of the low wattage. But, I have seen that you get what you pay for. These lights are dull and weak looking.
Does anyone here know of any store that still sells real outside Christmas lights, or have they all been outlawed too ?
Thanks for any info on where I can purchase non-fake Christmas lights !!
James

How can you even think about using real Christmas tree lights, when some kid in Nigeria is starving because of the global warming you have caused using them. Thank God our government has better sense than you do, and seen fit to outlaw all non energy saving light bulbs. Oh, wait a minute, there is no actual global warming, and they're going to repeal that bill? OK, never mind, Merry Christmas

On 12/11/2010 10:54 AM, RBM wrote:

Moron.

The ONLY reason some kid in Nigeria is starving is because its moron mommy didn't have the sense to keep her legs closed.
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote in

no,it's because Nigeria doesn't have a decent government,one that is reasonably honest and trustworthy,conducive to business and free trade,so that it could support its citizenry. same goes for most of the African nations,Mexico,and much of S.America.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

...or honor property rights (really, the most important one).
http://townhall.com/columnists/JohnStossel/2010/12/08/why_do_the_poor_stay_poor
<stuff snipped>

Nigeria has a thriving economy. They are the largest exported of fraudulent Email schemes in the world! All kidding aside, they have great oil wealth which should also make them wealthy, but is siphoned off by a very small number of corrupt politicians.

For a minute there I thought John Stossel was espousing the views of the Conquistadors. Turns out there are two Hernando de Sotos:
Hernando de Soto (c.1496/1497-1542) was a Spanish explorer and conquistador who died somewhere near Arkansas looking for the cities of gold he though existed in North, as well as South America. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hernando_de_Soto
Hernando de Soto (born 1941) is a Peruvian economist known for his work on the informal economy and on the importance of business and property rights. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hernando_de_Soto_Polar
Though you and I often disagree, de Soto makes sense and helps to explain why there's so much trouble in the Middle East and elsewhere and why so many people all over the world choose to invest their money in the American markets. The US represents a kind of financial stability (at least it did) that most places in the world can only hope to emulate. Our government doesn't collapse every decade or so like others, we don't reassign huge tracts of land to different owners (anymore) and a dollar invested here has (or used to have) the best chance of prospering in the world.
A lot of what makes the US attract investors is "blue sky" sort of stuff that's hard to put a value to until after it's gone. As anyone who was a fan of the TV mini-series "Deadwood" knows, the rule of law came hard to this country when it came. Lots of cattlemen, miners, shepherds and "sod busters" discovered that the hard way when there were competing claims for the same land. I think the only reason it worked is that at the time, we had nothing BUT land so if you got screwed, you just moved further west. Some Congressmen back then thought the Lousiana Purchase was folly, as they did with Seward and Alaska. Not the brightest bulbs on the string, our Congressmen. I wonder what those "distressed properties" are worth now that they've been "fixed up?"
I've always had a soft spot for Stossel ever since he got decked after proclaiming that wrestling was fixed:
http://www.nytimes.com/1985/02/23/arts/tv-notes-abc-reporter-may-sue-wrestler-who-hit-him.html
TV NOTES; ABC REPORTER MAY SUE WRESTLER WHO HIT HIM By PETER W. KAPLAN Published: February 23, 1985 John Stossel, a reporter for ABC's ''20/20'' magazine program, says he may sue the professional wrestler named ''Dr. D.'' The blond, bearded wrestler, who is 6 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 268 pounds, hit Mr. Stossel on both sides of the head, leaving him, Mr. Stossel says, with possible permanent pain and buzzing in his ears . . .
When Mr. Stossel interviewed Mr. Schultz, the dialogue went this way: STOSSEL: I'll ask you the standard question, you know: ''I think this is fake.''
SCHULTZ: You think it's fake?
At this point, he punched Mr. Stossel's right ear.
SCHULTZ: What's that? Is that fake?
At this point, he punched Mr. Stossel's left ear.
STOSSEL: What the hell's wrong with you?
SCHULTZ: That's an open-hand slap. You think it's fake? I'll fake you.
I remember watching it wondering - are they faking this? It was clear by the second punch that they weren't.
--
Bobby G.

On 12/11/2010 8:12 AM Brooklyn1 spake thus:

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, you are a *racist asshole*.
Fuck off.

For some reason I find comforting that despite your admitted ignorance on the subject, you are still more than willing to chime in. Probably the consistency of it all.

The subject was LED Christmas lights, and I do know something because I have some. I also have the old style, so I can compare them.
I also know quite a bit about how Bush and his corporate friends caused one of the largest economic meltdowns in US history. I know how he lied to get us into a war with Iraq that was in the interests of hid corporate friends, but not the American people. So, I can pretty well guess that any actions towards Nigeria were to reward his corporate friends as well. Is that enough for Kurt to read or do we need more?
I do actually know one thing about the Bush Presidency and Nigeria. His VP just got indicted for bribary to get contracts for his corporate friends. See a pattern here?
Outside Christmas LED Lights -- dull and weak.... :

It's for the children.

RBM, you are an idiot. Christmas lights have nothing to do with starving kids in Nigeria. If you really think that is true, you are a blooming idiot !!
AND, I don't need Al Gore to tell me how bright my Christmas lights should be, or how many gallons of water that I use to flush my crap, another bright (dim) idea from your idol.
Get a life.
James

"James" wrote in message
RBM, you are an idiot. Christmas lights have nothing to do with starving kids in Nigeria. If you really think that is true, you are a blooming idiot !!
AND, I don't need Al Gore to tell me how bright my Christmas lights should be, or how many gallons of water that I use to flush my crap, another bright (dim) idea from your idol.
Get a life.
James
------
James, you do realise that RBM was JOKING, right?
Well, I am red-faced !! If RBM was joking, it went right over my head !! The problem is, too many folks actually believe what he posted is true !!
Apologies to you RBM !!!
James

Sorry James, I was being humorously sarcastic... or so I thought. I'm on your side

You should have said it with a ;) Ya gotta know there are a lot of nuts that think seriously like this.
On 12/11/2010 10:04 AM, James wrote:

The restrictions and sacrifices don't apply to "The Elite". They must keep mass consuming to illustrate how bad it is. 8-)
TDD
On 12/11/2010 11:04 AM, James wrote:

LOL. Gotta read down to the last line. It's sarcasm. He is joking.

They didn't cut back on regular lights because of anything the government did. They sold some and people bought them out, so they made a lot more. It's the market system which I thought you conservatives liked.
OP If you want real lights, I'd look on the web, Google Web or Google Shopping. Yahoo Shopping, Ebay, and Amazon.
Although often ebay or Amazon items show up in Google web, I think not all the time and you have to look on them directly.