Other Kinds of Trimmers?

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 08 May 2008 10:13:19 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Sure. You don't get as even a cut as with a standard mower, but it'd be a cinch on a small yard. The DR has a 21 inch cutting width, that's not much smaller than many mowers. Heck, I had a college roommate who mowed his tiny condo yard with a conventional string trimmer, and it looked fine to me. Of course, the DR costs more than most mowers, so you wouldn't be saving any money...
There's a guy on the web that sells add on wheels for regular string trimmers, the idea being the wheels take most of the weight, and help keep an even height. Middle ground between a hand held string trimmer and the big DR wheeled trimmer.
Paul F.