OT: Win10 won't play DVDs, get the "green screen"

I tried to play a DVD in the Win10 laptop, after a minute the screen goes green and the sound continues.

Google tells me this is a known bug. None of the suggested fixes seem to work for other people so I haven't tried too hard.

Has anyone else run into it? It's a relatively new Dell, i3 processor.

Reply to
TimR

Have not seen that one, but you may want to install VLC as your media player...don't know if I've ever seen a complaint on that one

Reply to
philo

+1, it is a great program.
Reply to
FrozenNorth

DIVX is also a good one , and gives the option to burn videos . Caution - the newer versions are weird (to me) in the way they load items to be burned , but v7.0 works just swell . Some DVD players will play DIVX burned discs , ours does .

Reply to
Terry Coombs