OT: Reccomendations on a Matress?

I have issues with My back that causes me to toss and turn all night. We bought one of the Memory Foam Beds and I think we got a Lemon. After a few years, My side of the bed has an obvious pit compared to my wife's side.
We were looking into the Select Comfort Sleep Number Bed with the Dual Controls. Any opinions on this? Having the Dual controls, does it cause a ridge in the middle of the bed?
Any Suggestions Welcome....
Thanks, Scott<-
Add pictures here
βœ–

We have an old pillowtop beautyrest that we love, but a year ago added a 2" thick tempurpedic topper to it, and it's literally like sleeping on a cloud.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yep, Simmons Beautyrest is hard to beat
Our first one lasted 25 yrs. Got a new one 3 yrs ago
Add pictures here
βœ–

We have had a Select Comfort (inflatable) for years and love it.
βœ–

This is what we have for the past year and we love it. https://www.mybobs.com/bedding/style.asp?style Ξlestial
We both sleep very well. We had a waterbed for years too but they just don't hold up long term. They are nice in the winter though, with the heater.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Scott Townsend wrote:

for back muscles/joints. We have a futon mattress, custom made, that is super-rigid but with padded surface. I love it, and have always favored firm matt.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Scott Townsend wrote:

Not so much that it's very noticeable. There is a height change if the two sides have radically different "numbers".
I like ours, but don't expect the miracles that Lindsay Wagner describes in the commercials. To me the best thing is that (like water beds) they never wear out. Just a heck of a lot lighter and if you like firm you can have firm. Waterbeds never get firm they just start bulging upwards.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Forget all the gimmicks...
Just go and get an Kingsdown pillowtop mattress.... go for the highest coil count you can get.
Our "Emerald Crown" is almost 15 years old and still feels like new. My next matress will be a Kingsdown.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I've been sleeping on a waterbed since 1978. Cool in the summer, warm in the winter, no backaches, and it didn't cost $4000.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Scott Townsend wrote:

I had a Tempurpedic for 8 years after my chiropractor said I needed a new bed. I think my back got progressively worse on that bed. I finally let my son talk me into giving it to him (ha! a 16 yo with a tempurpedic!) last month and headed to the first mattress store I ran into. Ended up with a Sealy Posturpedic Pillowtop after laying on a zillion different beds, including the Sleep Number. I LOVE it and have been enjoying the sleep Lindsay Wagner promises on the Sleep number - for a lot less! ;-) No more sore hips, sore back, shoulders, neck plus I'm savings on weekly chiropractor visits!
As I recall it has a guarantee that says if the edge drops by more than 2" or something like that they'll just give me a new bed -- but I don't think it counts if there's a pit in the MIDDLE of the bed!

Not to mention this bed is about $4000+. It just didn't feel nearly as soft yet supportive as the pillowtop!

Good luck! Laurie
Add pictures here
βœ–