OT Property taxes

Page 4 of 7
On 04/25/2015 09:11 AM, trader_4 wrote:

If I complain about taxes going up when the Gov. said he's be working to cut them, that's because I'm a Democrat.
It's nice to know that Republicans don't complain about such things.
Like I said before , my wife and I do not vote 100% Democratically. It's that we have more of a tendency to do so.
On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 10:19:01 AM UTC-4, philo wrote:

The fact that the best example of bipartisanship you gave us was that your wife voted for Reagan once, the first time he was elected, kind of defines where you are on the spectrum....
On 04/25/2015 10:28 AM, trader_4 wrote:

He was pretty bad and she never made that mistake again.
On 4/25/2015 5:26 PM, philo wrote:

I started my business during the Reagan years. I'd cheerfully go back. Much better than the Obama depression we're suffering. I also liked the strong military and the respect from other nations.

that like saying, "I'm not prejudice, some of my best friends are black" Also, since you complain mostly about Repubs, is there anything that Obama is doing, has done or wants to do, that you STRONGLY disagree with? Or lets widen the question, How do you feel about Billarys' track record and would you vote for her to be president?
On 04/25/2015 12:45 PM, ChairMan wrote:

There is not much I agree with from any of the politicians.
I do not usually look at what any of them say...I just look at the facts on the spread sheet and see how my investments are doing.
They sucked canal water under Bush and under Obama they are better than ever. That's the cold facts and I don't look at their words.
In belched:

Nice dance around the question. So all you care about is your investments? What exactly did obama do to make them better? You do realize that the Dems had control, when things crashed, right? Do you not care about the constitution, your liberties, etc? And would you vote for Billary? Come on, these are easy questions. Don't just move the goal posts, You seem to find lots of fault with the Repubs, what faults do the Dems have? Do you not have a problem that obama can come and take your investments and bank accounts? Do you agree with Common Core?
On 04/25/2015 05:18 PM, ChairMan wrote:

No. First I care about the world not blowing up.
Next I care about the economy. In a good economy not too many people have much to complain about.

I have no frickin' idea what Obama did...like I said...I just look at the numbers. During the Bush administration my net worth dropped by 40% and in the 45 years I was in the work force...under the Bush was the only time I ever had to go on a work furlough. Not even under Carter did that happen.
Since Obama has been president my new worth has never been better.

I do not really have much of a preference Democrat vs Republican. In my life time...With the 20/20 vision of hindsight:
Trueman had the guts to drop the bomb. Said :The buck stops here.
Eisenhower... was a great president. Possibly because all he did was golf.
Kennedy is one of the most worshiped presidents...but the worst there was. Came very close to causing total annihilation. Had Bay of Pigs been successful , USSR would not have put the missiles in Cuba.
Johnson. Identical to Goldwater as far as Viet Nam. Only difference is Goldwater told the truth , Johnson lied.
Nixon was not as bad as he seemed. He should simply have thrown someone under the bus for Watergate and burned all the tapes.
Ford. A decent enough place holder. Finally closed up shop in Viet Nam.
Carter. He meant well but was a total fuckwit. Highest inflation I've even seen. Possibly responsible for setting up the road to peace between Egypt and Israel.
Reagan. A minor criminal for selling arms to terrorists. Borrowed a lot of money and created debt.
GHW Bush. Not bad. Should have finished up Iraq when he had the chance and ruled the area with an iron fist. Biggest mistake was "read my lips, no new taxes" EVERYONE knew he lied.
Clinton. Slime ball but the economy was excellent and nothing really went bad. Somehow he either made it work or was just plain lucky.
GW Bush another fuckwit worse than Carter.
Obama. He's got it made. All he had to do was not be as bad as Bush. Not too difficult.
So as you can see from my assesment above I don't really have any favorite party.
On 4/25/2015 8:06 PM, philo wrote:

Which would make you a Reagan supporter, on both counts. Faced down the Evil Empire, strengthened the military.
And with lower taxes, the economy soared. I started my business during the Reagan years, and I'd sure love to go back. Better than the Obama depression, by far.
On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 7:40:57 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Philo is a curious fellow. He claims he's not a dyed in the wool Democrat, yet he claims Reagan was "pretty bad". I'd like to know exactly what was so bad? Like you say, we went from stagflation to a booming economy, one that was creating 400K good paying, real jobs a month. One month we created 1.2 mil, that's about what we're creating now in an entire year, if we're lucky. Here's my list of major achievements during the Reagan years:
From stagflation to the longest peace time expansion in history
300K - 400K a month job creation
Unemployment cut in half
Inflation went from double digits, to cut in half
Long term interest rates, mortgage rates, cut in half
Short term interest rates, business borrowing rates, cut more than half
America's standing/respect in the world restored
America's military might restored and respected again
Soviet Union defeated and collapsing, without ever firing a shot
Largest nuclear arms deal in history, elimination of an entire class of nukes, medium range missles, that substantially reduced the nuclear arsenals. (And it was done on Reagan's terms, not Russia's)
So, now we wait for our fair minded Democrat friend to explain what exactly was so bad......
On 04/26/2015 10:14 AM, trader_4 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_index_%28economics%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_index_(economics)
On 04/26/2015 10:04 AM, Oliver Douglas wrote:

In plain language he was "fair".
Ross perot warned you idiots but you voted for those other two clowns.

Donald Trump: The Ross Perot of the 21st Century... (Handgrenade with a bad haircut.)
but what they conceal is vital."
On 4/26/2015 11:23 AM, philo wrote:

I'd have said "bold liar". The economy, the nation's defense, the employment and economic .... sadly failing in the Obama Depression.

You're a generous soul, Philo. There's been a remarkable attempt to rewrite history by some people concerning Reagan. They credit him with things that he had little to do with (the collapse of the Soviet Union was underway for a long time before Reagan became President). The Second Industrial revolution (the advent of personal computing) provided much of the recovery that Reagan-worshippers wrongly attribute to RR.
1. Reagan cut taxes for the Rich, increased taxes on the Middle Class - Ronald Reagan is loved by conservatives and was loved by big business throughout his presidency and there's a reason for it. When Reagan came into office in January of 1981, the top tax rate was 70%, but when he left office in 1989 the top tax rate was down to only 28%. As Reagan gave the breaks to all his rich friends, there was a lack of revenue coming into the federal government. In order to bring money back into the government, Reagan was forced to raise taxes eleven times throughout his time in office. One example was when he signed into law the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982. Reagan raised taxes seven of the eight years he was in office and the tax increases were felt hardest by the lower and middle class.
2. Tripling the National Debt - As Reagan cut taxes for the wealthy, the government was left with less money to spend. When Reagan came into office the national debt was $900 billion, by the time he left the national debt had tripled to $2.8 trillion.
3. Iran/Contra - In 1986, a group of Americans were being held hostage by a terrorist group with ties to Iran. In an attempt to free the hostages, Ronald Reagan secretly sold arms and money to Iran. Much of the money that was received from the trade went to fund the Nicaragua Contra rebels who were in a war with the Sandinista government of Nicaragua. When the scandal broke in the Untied States it became the biggest story in the country, Reagan tried to down play what happened, but never fully recovered.
4. Reagan funded Terrorists - The attacks on 9/11 by al-Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden brought new attention to international terrorism. All of a sudden, Americans coast to coast wore their American flag pins, ate their freedom fries and couldn't wait to go to war with anyone who looked like a Muslim. What Americans didn't realize was that the same group that attacked the United States on 9/11 was funded by Ronald Reagan in the 1980s. Prepping for a possible war with the Soviet Union, Ronald Reagan spent billions of dollars funding the Islamist mujahidin Freedom Fighters in Afghanistan. With billions of American dollars, weapons and training coming their way, the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden took everything they were given and gave it back to the United States over a decade later in the worst possible way imaginable.
5. Unemployment issues - When Ronald Reagan came into office 1981, unemployment was at 7.5%. After Reagan cut taxes for the wealthy, he began raising taxes on the middle and lower class. Corporations started to ship more jobs out of the United States while hiring cheap foreign labor in order to make a bigger profit. While corporations made billions, Americans across the country lost their jobs. As 1982 came to a close, unemployment was nearly 11%. Unemployment began to drop as the years went on, but the jobs that were created were low paying and barely helped people make ends meet. The middle and lower class had their wages nearly frozen as the top earners saw dramatic increases in salary.
6. Ignoring AIDS - By the time the 1980s came around, AIDS had become one of the most frightening things to happen to the country in recent memory. No one understood what AIDS and HIV really was and when people don't understand something, they become scared of it. The fear of the unknown was sweeping across the country and Americans needed a leader to speak out about this horrible virus, that leader never came. Instead of grabbing the bull by the horns and taking charge, Reagan kept quiet. Reagan couldn't say the words AIDS or HIV until seven years into his presidency, a leader not so much.
7. Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million Undocumented Immigrants - In today's GOP, the idea of any immigrant staying in the United States whether they are legal or illegal isn't something that conservatives embrace. What might shock them is that in 1982 Ronald Reagan gave nearly 3 million undocumented workers amnesty. The biggest reason for undocumented workers coming to the United States is because corporations hire them at a cheaper rate than they would an American citizen. All the laws that would have cracked down on companies who hire undocumented workers were, of course, removed from the bill.
8. His attack on Unions and the Middle Class - The Republican war on unions and the middle class has been heating up in states like Wisconsin and Ohio, but it has been going on for a long time. Unions are formed to give a united voice to the workers in an attempt to create fairness between the corporations and their employees. On August 3rd, 1981, PATCO (Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization) went on strike in an effort to get better pay and safer working conditions. Two days later, taking the side of business, Ronald Reagan fired 11,345 workers for not returning to work.
9. Reagan raided the Social Security Trust fund - With Ronald Reagan cutting taxes so drastically, the U.S government was beginning to starve. Reagan added to the government and didn't make enough spending cuts to offset the tax cuts, so the money needed to come from somewhere. Ronald Reagan knew that his polices would create economic bubbles, unemployment would drop and some jobs would be created, but in time the bubble would burst leaving the economy in ruins. In order to counteract his own economic policies, Ronald Reagan needed to find somewhere else to get revenue.
Listening to Alan Greenspan and other advisers, Ronald Reagan raided the Social Security Trust Fund and replaced it with glorified IOU's. Ronald Reagan raised the Social Security tax rate which did add to the revenue, but because there is a cap on Social Security, currently no income over $113,700 is taxed for Social Security, the wealthy didn't feel the tax increase and the pain was pushed to the middle and lower classes.
10. Endless worship and never-ending praise - Ronald Reagan left office in January of 1989 and nearly 25 years later he is held up high by the modern Republican party. As nearly three decades have gone by since Ronald Reagan was in the White House, reality and history has faded with time. Conservative figures like anti-tax Grover Norquist created the "Ronald Reagan Legacy Project" with a goal of memorializing Reagan in all 50 states. As stated in this article, Ronald Reagan did a lot to hurt the United States, not just while he was in office, but in the years that have followed. What's scary about today's current Republican party is that while Reagan was one of the worst presidents this country has had to endure over the last 100 years, he would be considered too moderate to be nominated by today's conservative standards.
http://www.examiner.com/article/8-reasons-why-ronald-reagan-was-the-worst-president-of-our-lifetime
On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 7:19:28 AM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:

What an outrageous lie. Even the CIA didn't see the collapse of the Soviet Union coming. Previous presidents had the policy that we just had to co-exist with the Soviet Union, that was the best we could do. Reagan had a totally different approach, we win, they lose and he set about with a plan to achieve it. He allied with the Pope to encourage the freedom movement in Poland. He got the USA out of the economic misery, restored our economy, so the people of Eastern Europe and Russia could see what a free economy and a great country can do. He rebuilt the US military at a pace the Russians tried to match, forcing them to divert more resources into a war they couldn't win, further undermining their domestic economy. He armed the mujahideen, bleeding them badly in Afghanistan. And through it all he called out the Russians for what they were, the "evil empire". He spoke of American exceptionalism, freedom, the evil of tyranny. He never let up, from day one, to the Berlin Wall speech. And it worked. He won the Cold War, the Soviet Union is on the ash heap of history, just like Reagan said it would be in 1982.
The Second Industrial

Another silly lie repeated. Reagan's policies were dramatic, the economy was recovering strongly in the early 80s. Huge numbers of jobs, 300,000 400,000 a month were created. The PC? It's numbers were miniscule in those years.

Another bold lie.

He was and is loved by most Americans. That's why he won in two huge landslides. If the times were so bad, Reagan was so unpopular as you claim, why exactly did Walter Mondale only win Minnesota in 1984? And at that point, the good times had just *begun*. It accelerated in the next four years. Just the facts.
and was loved by big business

So, you think the govt should take 70% of people's income? Nuff said. We'll put that down as your number. I've seen lots of libs asked what that number should be, but they never will answer it. And keep in mind that 70% is just federal. Add in state, local, property taxes, sales taxes. How much is enough?

OMG. What total BS lies. In 1981 unemployment was 10%+. In 1989, it was 4.8%. Just the facts. Twenty eight million jobs were created. Month after month we had 300,000 or 400,000 good paying, real jobs created. One month we hit 1.2 mil. Why are you lying about that, instead of talking about what's happening today? Six years into Obama's recovery, economists are happy to see a jobs number over 200K. And we've only recently been getting even that.
Why the focus on Reagan? He's been out of office for 30 years. The reason is that you're desperate for *anything* to talk about instead of talking about Obama and what a total disaster his presidency has been.
On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 11:04:53 AM UTC-4, Oliver Douglas wrote:

Yes, you're right, under Reagan the misery index was cut in half. Which was reflected in what I posted. I did forget to add cutting taxes to the list. Funny, Philo is complaining about taxes, yet he didn't like Reagan, who cut taxes for most Americans. I guess you just can't please some folks.
On 04/26/2015 02:38 PM, trader_4 wrote:

No.
Walker said he's work to cut taxes but he did not cut taxes
Nothing to do with the dead pres.
On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 5:05:25 PM UTC-4, philo wrote:

's)

Again:
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/politics/2015/02/03/walkers- budget-cuts-property-taxes-uw-funding/22816803/
Walker's budget cuts property taxes, UW funding
MADISON -- Gov. Scott Walker proposed a state budget plan Tuesday that woul d slightly lower property taxes over the next two years and keep funding fl at for public schools, greatly expand Wisconsin's private school voucher pr ogram and use a variety of cuts, both small and large, to plug a shortfall. "
He's apparently fulfilling his promise to "work" to cut taxes. He can't help it if you libs elected enough lib Democrats to the legistlature to stand in his way, sue him at every opportunity, or if your local officials raise taxes anyhow. Hell if your neighbors think like you do, I'm not surprised your taxes aren't through the roof.
Regarding Reagan, it has nothing to do with Walker, but everthing to do with you claiming that while a Democrat you don't vote the party line. You cited your wife voting for Reagan just once, when he was first elected. And you stated that Reagan was "pretty bad". I'd say that pretty much proves you're in the partisan Dem tank up to your eyeballs. The inability to recognize what your your WI papers say about what Walker is trying to do, continuing to bitch about him even as he submits budgets to reduce taxes, proves you're a party loyalist, the facts be damned.