OT, Oh Crap, Now We Have An Ice Storm On The Way

Page 1 of 4
There is a winter storm warning in effect for Alabamastan. All sorts of schools, government offices and businesses will not open tomorrow Tuesday 2/11/2014 and everyone is freaking out and they don't want a cluster coitus like what happened the last time snow fell. What may happen is nothing which I've seen before when the weather mavins predicted heavy snow and people ran around like ants from a disturbed ant hill cleaning out the grocery stores. People were really angry at the weather sorcerers that time. ^_^
TDD

The last one ought have been the caution. Have water and food stored at home at all times. I heard on the radio, that Georgia is preemptively declaring state of emergency to get ahead of things.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/10/2014 4:07 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I have natural gas heat but if the power goes, I may go bonkers without my computers running. ^_^
TDD

Much the same here. I remember the one ice storm, I brought my computer home from the repair guy. Plugged it into the generator, had dial up land line at the time. I had fresh OS, so I program my outlook express, and download my emails. Got about six virus in that email batch, and had to take the computer back. Next time load anti virus before check email. sigh.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I have natural gas range, but that doesn't get heat all the way to the bedroom. I'd love to put in a vented heater by the bedroom door, but I can't afford the heater, at the moment. Life is never perfect, during a power cut.
I need a big warm dog.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/10/2014 8:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

she's like a four legged hot water bottle. I can wake up and find that she has burrowed under the covers and curled up next to me. I suppose Sandy is the only female of any species who really loves me. ^_^
TDD

That's nice, that you found true love after all these years. Some day maybe I will.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

We are about 23 miles West of Philadelphia and were out for the better part of five days.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 2/11/2014 10:01 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Sounds like you are the first hand wisdom man on this list. This time. Dufas will be first hand reporter, the next time. I think I've seen your field reports on the groups. Thank you for your wisdom of what worked.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/11/2014 6:09 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

ice knocks out power and snarls traffic. A number of schools, government offices and businesses are going to be closed because the ice storm will make things worse than the snow that hit us last week. It's just not a normal weather condition for our Southern province of Alabamastan. ^_^
TDD

New York State also doesn't handle ice storms very well. We have our share of drivers who don't adapt to road conditions, and end up in the ditch. Or piled into each other. I do my best to get home and stay home in moments like this. Ice storm 2003, I took my friend Jason to get dinner and food. Came home to find my own power out, and trailer cold.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/12/2014 9:16 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

At 6:15pm we have snow falling here and there is expected to be ice on the roads around Birmingham tomorrow. At least the schools, government offices and a lot of businesses decided to close. The don't want a cluster coitus like we had the last time. o_O
TDD

Friend of mine in South Carolina says 11 inches snow, and then sleet on top of that. And more snow expected.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/12/2014 6:40 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

TDD

<thump, thump> was that your Bible I heard?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/13/2014 6:51 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

took the hookers to hold down the tarps on the trailer roof. ^_^
TDD

C'mon now. Get real. She knows where her food comes from.
On 2/11/2014 7:12 AM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

Piggly Wiggly on 4th street, by the gas station?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/11/2014 6:42 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

serviced and installed a lot of stuff for them. ^_^
TDD