OT? LCD monitor dead OT?

There was a lot of knowledge displayed above in the "computers" thread so ...
My 22" LCD just went dark . When the comp is hooked to it the power light does go green when I input , so I'm fairly sure the logic board is OK . I've disassembled it and the CCFL's look OK and none of the caps on the power supply are bulged . I'm not sure it's worth fixing if it means throwing parts at it . I'd like suggestions on testing the power supply , and yes I know there are some pretty high voltages present . The CCFL's are a bit dark on the ends , but not as bad as photos of failed units I found on the interwebs .
--
Snag

On 4/3/2014 3:01 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Green power light or not, first try hooking it to another system.
On 04/03/2014 03:13 PM, IGot2P wrote:

Absolutely! The green light can also go on if the video signal is out of range so there is a possibility the problem is with the computer and not the monitor.
If the monitor is bad I doubt that it would be worth fixing as a new 22 inch monitor is probably $150.
On 04/03/2014 04:19 PM, philo wrote:
[snip]

I have had monitors fed with an out-of-range signal. The usual response is an on-screen display indicating that.
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

When my DELL 21" failed, I wrote to DELL. They replaced it under warranty.
--
Dan Espen

On 4/3/14, 4:01 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

What make / model ?? Does it not have any front or side panel setup/test buttons ??
Retired wrote:

Envision Model G22LWk . It does have setup buttons on the front lower center , pushing them in any sequence does nothing . Push the power button and the light comes on green . If not hooked to a system it'll go amber . This thing kinda flickered once then went dead . I thought it might be the backlight tubes , but they look OK . Bad caps on the power supply are a known source of problems , but none of these are bulged or leaking . I'm a bit lost here . This comp I'm using is where it belongs , and it runs this old CRT unit just fine ...
--
Snag

philo wrote:

Well , I doubt it's the comp , since I'm using it <right now> with an older CRT monitor .
--
Snag

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 1:01:52 PM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:

Suggest posting on sci.electronics.repair
On Thursday, April 3, 2014 3:01:52 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005344&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL040314&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL040314-_-EMC-040314-Index-_-LCDMonitors-_-24005344-L015A

That doesn't mean anything!
micky wrote:

One time bad batch of caps affected monitors, mother boards. If the monitor is sick due to those caps. Replacing them usually revives it. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

resolution set to 800X600 it still does not work on the flatscreen, it meens the flatscreen is dead.
What make/model did you say the dead screen is?? Extremely unlikel to be worth attempring to fix.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I'll be spending part of my tax refund on a new one . I'll also be spending some on consumibles for the machine shop ... I've been kinda rough on the smaller end mills while learning .
--
Snag