OT HL 2240 Brother toner cart problem

I just replaced the toner cart in my monochrome printer and the printing starts fading out after a few pages in a document. Previous carts didn't do this. It is a Brother cart, not generic. I tried tilting the cart back and forth as I used to do in my Laserjet when the cart was about empty but it doesn't help much - same thing happens again after five or ten pages.
Toner light kept coming on after installing this cart until I found directions on stopping it with Google (Mike's Technical Blog - All Things I.T.) Any connection?
Have to discard a new cart for another?
Any suggestions?
TIA
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 10:45:57 AM UTC-6, KenK wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/hrvbdpp

Is the make and model of the printer a secret? It might make a difference.
Doesn't cart implies inkjet but toner implies laser?

And then gets dark again at the start of the next document?? If you only changed the cart, it sounds defective. If you bought he cart new, I'd call the maker of the cart.

Is it a Brother printer?

See post subject.

I bought it many months ago so I'd have a cart on hand when needed.

Yes

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 11:44:00 AM UTC-6, Micky wrote:

Take your meds and calm down...he gave the right information.
On 2/9/2016 11:45 AM, KenK wrote:

one back in that box.

Could it be the drum cartridge has lived its lifetime ? Drum cartridge is good for 12,000 ; extended toner cartridge is good for 2600 according to this Staples web page .. http://www.staples.com/HL-2240/cat_CL165438 Usually there is a way to print out the usage statistics. John T.
--- ---
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

you install it? I have a Brother MFC color laser.