OT - Dodge Acronym

Page 2 of 2

Oren wrote:

pretty soggy once you got them home. Reminds me of when El Caminos and Rancheros were popular, with their foot-tall beds. The popular wisdom was that all they were good for is hauling beer, cubes of peat moss, and getting laid in on warm summer nights.
-- aem sends...
My big concern is what is being called a "truck" now and where the new trucks are going to in design. I saw an SUV with a two foot long bed and they called it a truck. I'm not sure what they can haul in that small of a bed. I've noticed that there are very few new trucks being made that have the 8' long bed now.
Ever look at what most truck haul? Nothing. I know a lot of people that have trucks that have never had anything more than a couple of bags of groceries or a picnic cooler, but the owner want a truck. I'd rather have the comfort and smooth ride and better handling of a car.
It seems that for a few years now every new truck, SUV, or anything that isn't quite a car comes from the factory with the towing package standard. Are more people towing these days? Or is this a local phenomenon?

I dunno, but if that's true that's good news. Every time I've tried to rent a car trailer from U-Haul or similar rental company they always find some reason that my proposed tow vehicle isn't acceptable (no trans cooler; rating of step bumper isn't heavy enough, or some other reason)
when I was looking for a cheap used pickup truck pickings were pretty slim. ended up with a 6-cyl. F-150 with no tow package. Would really have preferred a 3/4 ton Chevy or (pre-New Ram) Dodge, but good luck finding one that's a) affordable and b) not beat to shit or rusted out
nate
Tony Hwang wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Dear Old Dads Garage Experiment
--
PV

Stupidity is a condition
Ignorance is a choice

FIAT: Fix it again, Tony. Fix it again today. Fix it again tomorrow.

No, you didn't.
<plonk>

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 22:17:31 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

First On Race Day

"Thelma"?
On Nov 2, 10:17pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Drive Only During Great Emergencies Dead On Day Guarantee Expires Drips Oil Drops Grease Everywhere Dang Old Dirty Gas Eater Don't Over Drive Gutless Engine
Some of my previously owned vehicles:
- 1969 Dodge Coronet - 1972 Dodge Dart - 1996 Dodge Ram 3/4 Ton Conversion Van
Should I mention the two 1980 Plymouth Voyagers during a Dodge discussion? Actually, I probably shouldn't mention them at all!
Found a few: Audi

Chrysler >> Company Has Recommended You Start Learning Engine Repair Edsel >> Every Day Something Else Leaks GMC >> Greatest Chevy Made Hyundai >> Hope You Understand Nothing"s Driveable And Inexpensive Isuzu >> It Sucks Unless Zero Use Kia >> Korean Imitation Accord Lotus >> Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious Mazda >> Made After Zero Design Analysis Mitsubishi >> Mostly In The Shop Undergoing Big Investments Sometimes Halfway Incomplete Porsche >> Proof Of Rich Spoiled Children Having Everything Saturn >> Same American Trash Under Revised Name Toyota >> The One You Ought To Avoid
Dead Or Dying Government Enterprise