OT Click and Clack

Page 2 of 2

mm wrote:

They should call it Clink and Clank, as the wrench drops. Or How to Laugh at nothing.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Blattus Slafaly wrote:

I watched the first epiosode of the TV show and can't say I was impressed enough to watch again.
However, I am on their email list for the weekly Car Talk "Puzzler" quiz, and one of my sons and I enjoy seeing which of us can come up with the correct answers to those questions first.
Click and Clack were the 1999 commencement speakers at my alma mater, quite an honor to bestow upon them:
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/1999/clickclackspeech.html
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Same exact impression here.

No idea. However, Click and Clack are on now, and they adressed the show as letter from someone who had watched it. The writer mentioned that the Marx brothers once made a terrible movie "The Big Store" so they would have money to rescue Chico from gambling debts. The writer went on to ask which of the two Click and Clack brothers had the gambling debt. C&C didn't adress the quality of their show, though.
It sounds like a case of hoping their celebrity would carry the show, and there was no need (as another poster mentions) of having good writers and a director who can throw the bad stuff away.
--
charles

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 09:23:30 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Charles Bishop) wrote:

This is the second time someone has tried to translate Car Talk to television. Anyone else remember "The George Wendt Show" from 1995? He played one of two brothers who were mechanics and hosts of a radio show. You wouldn't have known that from watching it, though. It was absolutely terrible, and only lasted seven episodes.