OT-- Chainsaw recommendations

Page 2 of 2
Charly Crash wrote:

JD-branded, yes...the one I have was Dad's and is at least 30 years old and while not used all that often where trees don't grow :), it's still working well...now for the life of me I can't even recall which manufacturer it was altho got some small replacement parts just last summer. Here JD-everything is a good option where we don't have much else for service/parts locally and those that do have tend not last--they'll be a JD dealer here for as long as I'm around, I'm sure...
JD is homelite and all are made in mexico crapola. avoid unless like being ripped off. very lite duty and guide actually sez they are for 'occassional use' only

TEAM 3M wrote:

Well, maybe some are now...I know the one I have isn't, but it's probably approaching 30 yr old by now...as noted, I don't recall which was the parts replacement, but it <wasn't> Homelite.

I know you said you wanted a two cycle engine unit, but since I got an electric chain saw I hardly ever use my fuel chain saw.
The 14" electrics work better than any small fuel saw in my opinion.
I understand they need to be near to an electric supply, so one of them may not suit your useage.
Ross

(To get email address ROT 13) ebff snipped-for-privacy@lnubb.pbz
Stihl (new) has turned to crap now due to emission controls. Homelite is made in mexico and absolute crap under any conditions. When the manual sez saw is only intended for light and occasional use, you know your buying pure crap. I am shopping too and leaning heavy towards a echo 6000 instead of stihl or husky till they sort out carb problems. Old homelites are useless because parts no longer available. I seriously get the feel that most peep answering these posts have never even owned a saw and are just post-whores?