OT - Anybody in the Northest? Digging?

Talking to my Main Squeeze in northern VT. Over 2 ft and that was only as of midnight last night.
What? No $*&@* snowblower posts :-)
Talked to my Dad on the phone, suburb of Rochester. He says tha the drifts went from enarly zero to up about six inches.
When I left for church, the door step across the street, I could see about 3 inches snow. I had about an inch on the top of the truck.
On the way home, I was going about 30 MPH in a 65 MPH zone. I must have touched the gas a bit, instantly the truck was fish tailing severely. Went off the road. Lucky me, no aparent damage, and I was able to back onto the highway. Facing the wrong way, naturally. Got turned around, and went home much more slowly than before. I'm still a bundle of nerves.
The roads are bad.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I think what you saw is the avg. From what I hear, few miles west across Lake Champlain as well as like 15 mi east saw what you saw. Burlington, in the middle, had 33 as of this afternoon.
snowblower posts :-)

We only got a few inches today (upstate NY) but there was no point in shoveling as it was blowing all over. Every time you looked out the window there was a new drift pattern. The back deck is completely clear while there's about 2 feet jammed up against the front door and huge drifts on the walkway. I'll try again tomorrow!