OT - Air vid of the wave that hit Japan

Sorry for OT, but this is by far the best vid of the tidal wave that hit Japan. So sadly impressive.

Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob-tx

suddenlink.net:

NOVA just ran a full-length program about the tragedy (will be available on-line). Your footage looks like some of what I saw on Nova.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

If you haven't seen it, here is another vid of an incoming wave, this one taken from a local rooftop:

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

are there more of this video by air? it looked like there was more at the end when the commentor was cut off.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

innews:4d99d56f$0$3980$ snipped-for-privacy@news.suddenlink.net:

NOVA just ran a full-length program about the tragedy (will be available on-line). Your footage looks like some of what I saw on Nova.

HB

It was pretty impressive to watch the wave overtake the tsunami barriers. The inky black blobs shown from aerial views looked like some sort of alien monster from "This Old Outer Limits." I've been in several "post disaster" areas and the evening news fails to capture the totality of something like the recent earthquake or post-Katrina New Orleans.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green