Order in which to finish off my garage...

I am going to be finishing off my garage for a woodworking shop. Im interested in hearing about what would be the best order of doing this, particularly the ceiling. Right now I have about a 19 span of 2x8s going across with no strapping. So, should I first put strapping across, then drop in insulation, then a plywood floor (for storage above), then sheetrock the ceiling? Or can I skip the strapping, put the sheetrock on the edge of the joists, then drop in the insulation, then the floor above? Does it matter if I do it first or the walls?
Thanks, Jim
I am going to be finishing off my garage for a woodworking shop. Im interested in hearing about what would be the best order of doing this, particularly the ceiling. Right now I have about a 19 span of 2x8s going across with no strapping. So, should I first put strapping across, then drop in insulation, then a plywood floor (for storage above), then sheetrock the ceiling? Or can I skip the strapping, put the sheetrock on the edge of the joists, then drop in the insulation, then the floor above? Does it matter if I do it first or the walls?
Thanks, Jim
You do NOT want the vapro barrier insulation on the ceiling. Therefore the easiest way would be to put the drywall up first and then lay the unfaced insulation on top of the drywall. I would also recommend either green board or ceiling board, preferrably green board (moisture resistant).

There's not enough information provided by the OP, to suggest no vapor barrier. What if the workshop will be conditioned space?
I am going to be finishing off my garage for a woodworking shop. Im interested in hearing about what would be the best order of doing this, particularly the ceiling. Right now I have about a 19 span of 2x8s going across with no strapping. So, should I first put strapping across, then drop in insulation, then a plywood floor (for storage above), then sheetrock the ceiling? Or can I skip the strapping, put the sheetrock on the edge of the joists, then drop in the insulation, then the floor above? Does it matter if I do it first or the walls?
I'm no expert, but a 19' span of 2" x 8"s doesn't sound as though it could support much weight unless there was support columns in the middle.