Opinions on Deep Freezer Chests

I have been thinking of buying a deep freezer for the basement, and I want some opinions on the follwing;
1) How long does food stay good, expecially meats. 2) How long does food saty frozen during a power outage?
Thanks

This is Turtle.
1] If meat is vacuumed packed like Edwin said or frozen in water . they could be good for up to 3 or 4 years. If just in a Ziplock bag sealed up. Ity will last maybe a few months.
2] a chest type freezer full to the top will go up to 7 days before the food or meat becomes bad. Then it will stay frozen enought to refreeze up to 4 days with the lide not opened and letting heat in it. We had a power outage of 7 days here a few years ago and the power staied off for about 4 days before i bought a Generator and put power back on the Chest type freezer and my freezer staied froze & good for that 4 days.
TURTLE
[...]
Ice Storm of '98? About same experience here.

Buy a Foodsaver vacuum sealer. I've had meats for over three years and still very good when properly wrapped and sealed.

24 to 48 hours. If it is partly empty and a big storm is coming, fill it up with milk jugs full of water and frozen and it will stay much longer.
I get paid once a month and we shop once a month. Very economical to buy at BJ's, Costco, etc and freeze what is on sale or a bargain. I've never be without a big freezer.

"foodsaver" type device which was half the price and the bags were 25% the cost of those for foodsaver brand.. now if I could remember the brand name of it.. Chuck

I had one of the no name's. A TOTAL complete and utter waste of money, time and effort. I have no experience with the food saver brand.