Opening 7year Watch (Cheap Waterproof)

I can't figure out how to open them to finally replace the battery! About ten years ago I bought some remarkable black plastic diving watches from Woolworth for like under ten bucks. Indeed, they lasted way beyond seven years. They said QUARTZ 30M 7YR LITHIUM BATTERY on the outside, use CR2015 batteries and mention "X'TAL CASE" on the back. It is a joint Japanese outside and Chinese inside production. What appears to be the back cover plate might not be a plate at all but continuous with the rest of the case. A little ring from the faceplate came off and it seems like at least the front part under it is like sealed with plexiglass. My suspicion is the "X'TAL" case is dunked in some plastic (resembles plexiglas) and can't be opened. Normally, I'd say, cheap (disposable) watch, returned its value, junk it; But these things worked really well. I even wiretied one onto the handles of my bike. Anyone have a clue?
                 - = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Reagan Mozart Pindus BioStrategist      http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Yellary Clinton, Yellalot Spitzer & Angrew Cuomo: Nasty Together]

Maybe something like this: http://www.timezone.com/library/workbench/workbench631654780793976672
--
Best Regards
Steve Sousa

That tool is surprisingly cheap:
http://www.micro-tools.com/store/item_detail.aspx?itemCode=RM59102
Homer J Simpson wrote:

The Bergeon version is naturally more expensive: http://www.ofrei.com/page_208.html#2670
I have the Bergeon type and it works great. Plenty of opportunity in the design for a copy-cat version to give you lots of grief....just saying.
Anthony Fremont wrote:

Wow, I sure wish the guys in our collections department had one of those. Just pulling it out and showing it to the delinquent borrower would surely cause them to bring their account current. <grin>
--
---Nonnymus---
In the periodic table, as in politics,

Some people pay for a 'service' like that!
snipped-for-privacy@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

battery for you. Of course you have to buy the battery. Woolsworth will likely be able to provide this service in their jewlery dept. Wal-Mart will do it and so will Target. If they ask, just tell them you bought it there.
Some of these watches have to have the front crystal removed to change the battery. The jewellers have a tool to do this. It may be worth paying someone to do it just to see how it is done.
--

JANA
_____

< snipped-for-privacy@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com> wrote in message
*+-Some of these watches have to have the front crystal removed to change the
Thanks. This is a REAL clue. It DOES seem to be front-loading. I had a hunch of this but wasn't sure without confirmation. I do have a watch repair toolkit and we did take it to the newstand guy who usually does a lot of watch batteries. The high-end watch guy we used to depend on retired a while ago.
(BTW, Woolworths became Foot Locker long ago.)