Opaque windows

I have a bathroom window just to the left of our front door. Colonial type house with a porch that runs the length of the house with seven windows out front where each window has 2 inch white wood blinds. You can see the white blinds in all the windows from the street. Looks good having all the windows with the same window treatment. When at the front door, if someone turns the blinds in the downward direction you can see someone on the toilet. If it is in the upwards direction you would have to lay on the porch to see anything up into the window, which we have had kids do from time to time. We need something to either spray or place on the inside of window to make the window opaque so from the street you can still see the white window blinds but up close looking through the window is a little discussed. This stuff would work but I don't the geometric print. Please post any ideas.

Bring out the Gimp

Many years ago my wife and I rented an apartment with a clear window pane in the bathroom. I was able to buy a special paint for frosting windows at the local paint store. I applied it to the inside of the window and it worked fine. I don't know if it is still obtainable though.

The best fix might be to replace the glass.

Don

Reply to
Don Wheeler

In order to properly answer this question, I need your exact address and a time you are usually in the bathroom.

Reply to
LugoMan

Applying a saturated epsom salts solution will provide a frosted appearance on glass when it dries. And it can easily be removed with water.

Add epsom salts in boiling water until no more will dissolve. Add a little white glue if desired for better durabilty. Brush a small amount of the liquid onto the glass while still warm. The liquid will quickly evaporate, leaving behind a film of white opaque crystals.

Regards,

John

Reply to
JTM

Yes, Krylon ® Frosted Glass Finish.

Regards,

John

Reply to
JTM

You might want to consider some cling type plastic.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

An opaque window is a wall.

A translucent window is what you want.

A transparent window is what you have now.

- Bullethead

Reply to
oxo34452