On Demand Water Heaters

Does anyone have some first hand experience with on demand water heaters? Our 50 gallon is on it's last leg, and I am considering replacing it with an on demand system.

-- BV.

snipped-for-privacy@tibetanbeefgarden.com

Reply to
Benign Vanilla

How many in your family , 2 bathrooms, Bosch Aquastar has a few good gas units a 117000 btu that is good for one shower or a Takagi made

188000 btu gas unit. Both are very good I have the smaller unit and have been satisfied with its operation and savings.
Reply to
m Ransley

We have two full baths, and a powder room. We rarely have two showers going at the same time, so I am not sure that is critical, although I do have two boys...someday they'll be showering like crazy. Right now we have 10-12 year old 50 gallon gas fired unit. It always has plenty of water ready for us, but it's starting to rust through, the igniter went last month, etc. I am worried it will let go when we're not in the house so it needs to be replaced. Seems like the water on demand is the way to go.

What kind of savings are you seeing?

-- BV.

snipped-for-privacy@tibetanbeefgarden.com

Reply to
Benign Vanilla

I removed an electric tank and went gas and save 75% . But with with constant use you should see 20% + . The less frequently it is used the more you save. There are many days I just wont use hot water, but you wont have that option.

Reply to
m Ransley