Omit baseboard over laminate flooring?

Some books suggest omitting the baseboard where bookcases are to be placed, so that the bookcases can go flush against the wall.

Can I do this even when the flooring is laminate and normally requires a baseboard? In this case the bookcases would be anchored to the wall (and not to the floor) and would hold the laminate down. I would use baseboard in the rest of the room.

FB

Reply to
Frederica Bloggs

The baseboard is recommend for laminate to cover the gap you need between the floor and the wall for expansion. If book cases are there, they will cover it.

On the other hand you should be able to cope out the back of the book case to allow it to fit over the baseboard.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan