Old battery

I have an old car and battery with the Negative dis connected, I charge it, 2 days later it shows 70% charge of 12v or so, is it a junk battery, I think so. Only the Positive is connect but the case is clean

So? What is your question?

He asked if the battery is viable or junk?
I've no idea what the answer is, but I think I'd clip a headlight to it to drain it down until the light dimmed, then recharge again and see what it looked like. And, ask how he's measuring the charge remaining.

Not that I noticed, although my definition of "question" is based on the standards applied to children in elementary school.

"is it a......" may be a question, but he follows it with a statement.

"is it a......" may be a question, but he follows it with a statement.
============== Ransley has a history of sorts with alien writing concepts, so it's hard to say what he really means.

I didn't see one either...

Learn to read; it's pretty clear.

accurate measurement of state of charge by volatage is difficult.
The voltage range from 100% to 0 is all in the "12 volt or so range".
For most anything you want to know about batteries:
http://batteryfaq.org

I can read. I attended the Evelyn Woodhead Sped Red'n Course.
Eye tuk hukt awn fonix.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I thought it might be above your comprehension.

I thought it might be above your comprehension.
============= Read your original message. You were drunk when you wrote it. Sometimes you're lucid, and sometimes you're not. I don't care enough to watch for a pattern, but I wonder if your most incoherent messages are written from late afternoon onward.
cool.

Its useful life is over. Take it to be recycled. Batteries decline whether they are in use or not.
ransley wrote:

Not entirely clear on the question, but if the battery in question is a conventional type, more than about 5 years old and has sat uncharged in the vehicle for some time you can safely consider it junk even if it seems to take a charge. It might hold out for a couple start cycles in the car and then will surely leave you stranded in short order.
It's either an exchange for a new battery core charge, a lead sale to a scrap dealer, or if you really want to extract every ounce of service life from it, use it in something that won't leave you stranded like a lawn tractor.
Ransley,
2 days later it shows 70% charge of 12v or so, is it a junk

How did you measure the 70%? Did you draw up some acid and check it's density?
Dave M.
Hold it closer to the monitor, so we can all see it.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

--