Old Agway Riding Mower

I have an old riding mower that needs several parts. Searching the web has come up with nothing. It says Agway and Sabre on the hood along with 11/36. The model number is 320-58 and date says 0245. Has a Briggs and Stratton 400cc 11HP motor. Its a ugly color orange and if I had to guess it was made around the mid 1980's. The pulley for the blade has been stripped and was welded back on but that weld didnt hold too long. Now the two blades arent exactly even. The control arm for the front tire is bent and causes a really sharp left turn or a really wide right turn. I could monkey it all back together but if I could buy the parts, that way I wont have to spend more time fixing the mower than actually mowing the lawn.

Reply to
spongehead

Junk it. I've got a few Agways - 2 running and 2 more not running. Old machines of that quality are not worth anything. Now if it was a John Deere, Wheelhorse , Cub Cadet, etc it would be worth fixing. I'm surprised it says "Sabre" on the hood. I don't recall that name being associated with Agway.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Wish I had 1200 bucks to get a new one. How about hooking me up with some parts if compatable?

Reply to
spongehead

Agway mowers were sold with two different names that I know of, because I bought two of them. There may be other names. One was 'Southern States' and was green, and the other "Agway" which was red. I bought one (SS) in 1985, and the other (Ag)in 1995. Both were Murrays. I still have the Agway model.

Reply to
willshak

A 36" rider doesn't cost $1200 new. Buy a used similar to yours for $150 - $200. I'd be very happy to get $200 for my 11 HP Agway - and it comes with a snowplow too.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Go to my blog

Click to view the complete blog. You should see my "blogroll" on the lower left. The top of the 3 entries is "Flickr". That is where my pictures are. Click on Flickr. Scroll down and you'll see the 18 HP twin Agway with mower deck, snowblower, chains and wheel weights that I paid $300 for.

begin 666 spacer.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/_______R'Y! 44``$`+ `````!``$```("3 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

I have the replacement parts book. The rod from wheel to wheel is21475 tie rod. The blade housing lists individual pieces. Bolts,spacer,jackshaft housing,etc. WAIT,I do see blade housing assembly complete. Listed 403186

Reply to
Tom

You are only 15 years late. He is unlikely to be waiting for your part numbers still.

Reply to
chop