Oil over latex? ? ?

I am painting some new flooring on an exterior porch.
First I put a good coat of primer over the raw wood. Then by mistake I put a coat of latex exterior paint. I had intended to use an oil-base marine paint of the same color.
I know that latex shouldn't go over oil, but is it okay to use oil over latex? Should I recoat with primer before using the marine paint?
Or should I just put another coat of the latex and keep it that way?
On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:13:52 GMT, "Ray Jenkins"

    You would probably be wise to put another coat of latex. It will probably last longer than oil because it will flex when the wood expands and contracts with the weather. Oil paint won't do this and will crack.
    Use porch and deck paint.
    BTW, when you put on the last coat, sprinkle fine sand on it when still wet. This will help keep the surface from being slippery with it gets water on it.
        Peter
Thanks Peter -- that sounds sensible. Will proceed accordingly. If it doesn't work I can always reprime and put on the marine oil base.