Oh the Irony

The following poem can be found in the schoolbook Maxwell's Elementary Grammar from 1904.

"Oho!" said the pot to the kettle; "You are dirty and ugly and black! Sure no one would think you were metal, Except when you're given a crack." "Not so! not so!" kettle said to the pot; "'Tis your own dirty image you see; For I am so clean without blemish or blot That your blackness is mirrored in me." NOW, here's the context for the comment which follows (and circles back to the pot/kettle idiom): President Obama, understanding that the Republican House of Representatives has essentially abdicated its responsibility to govern, has signaled his intention to use executive authority to actually accomplish things on behalf of the American people, such as a minimum wage increase for federal contractors. Speaker Boehner, meanwhile, has apparently realized that once you've obstructed everything and shut down the government, you have no leverage left of the ordinary variety. So it sounds like he's threatening impeachment instead: The House GOP "will continue to look closely at whether the president is faithfully executing laws, as he took an oath to do, Boehner told reporters after a meeting of the Republican conference. Were going to watch very closely, because theres a Constitution that we all take an oath to, including him, and following the Constitution is the basis for House Republicans. Asked what the House would do if lawmakers determined Obama skirted the Constitution, Boehner said only, There are options that are available to us. Republicans, he said, would discuss them at their annual retreat, which begins Wednesday in Cambridge, Md. Was this an impeachment threat? It's hard to read it any other way, given the fact that the House has done everything short of that in their attempts to make Obama's presidency a failure. So this is where we're at: Speaker Boehner is telling Obama that his presidency will be useless, and if he tries to make it anything other than useless, he will resort to options that haven't yet been used. And there aren't very many of those left on the table now, are they? Here's the comment which totally cracked me up!! "Were going to watch very closely, because theres a Constitution that we all take an oath to, including him, and following the Constitution is the basis for House Republicans. " The fourteenth amendment: Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. Congress did question that debt and forced injury upon the American people by causing a governmental shutdown. This is in violation of their oath of office. Therefore, all who did proximately cause the government shutdown should be impeached forthwith. "The motion is carried". Sirs, as we no longer have a quorum, impeachment proceedings against Mr Obama should be tabled until a quorum is elected.

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Yeo@!

Reply to