O.T. but help please rubber hose ?'s

Hi group. I have an '81 CB650 Honda street bike with 4 carbs, and each carb has a rubber boot (hose) from the motor>carb>airbox. Total number of "boots" needed: 8. I need some impervious to gas rubber hose (26mm I think) to cut to lengths of about 3-4 inches, so I can replace these boots... would neoprene work? Also thinking standard radiator hose clamps... Honda wants $22 for these EACH, for a total of $88! Hope i'm not over-simplifying, or being vague. WHERE do I get hose that gasoline will pass through safely, 26mm inside diameter, and I need 8 pieces, each piece approx. 3-4 inches? Much rather hacksaw a length than pay almost $100. Thanks!
Neoprene will swell and weaken if constantly exposed to gasoline, occasional splashes are okay. Nitrile rubber is what is normally used for fuel, hypalon for the fancy stuff. Don't use PVC or natural rubber. People part out their bikes all the time on ebay, by brother buys and sells used parts all the time that way, check it out, just type your part and brand in the search engine. BTW, 26mm works out to a hair over an inch, one inch hose should stretch over the fitting.-Jitney
Thank you for an intelligent reply. I've bought/sold a little on ebay, and the original parts are "out there"....

Almost any autoparts store will cut hose to length, pennies per foot.
-Brian
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 08:02:13 -0400, in alt.home.repair "Brian V"

Some years ago I lost the chrome-over-plastic disc from the end of one of the handlebar grips. I replaced it with the Honda part and I think it was a ridiculous $13. I asked the parts man why such a price for so little and he said i was paying for the box it came in -- it said Honda on the box. :-)
FACE
"Almost any autoparts store will cut hose to length, pennies per foot. "
-Brian
Yes, they have it, but gasoline rated hose sure ain't pennies per foot.

This is Turtle.
check with Auto Parts supply houses and ask for a 1" I.D. Auto Water hose and cut to order $1.00 a foot.
TURTLE
"This is Turtle.
check with Auto Parts supply houses and ask for a 1" I.D. Auto Water hose and cut to order $1.00 a foot. TURTLE "
What? He said he needed hose for gasoline. Water hose is not rated for gasoline and will result in disaster before long.

So what? It is just a crappy old Honda motorcycle.
Oscar_Lives wrote

That's why I like newsgroups. MOST of the time, if someone posts BAD advice, hopefully someone else will straighten it out. IT'S A MOTORCYCLE D-HEAD, and people can get killed, including one of my daughters, if one is a passenger. If you aren't sure of something, just
SHUT THE FUCK UP!

This is Turtle.
I just talk to a small engine guy here in town a few minutes ago and he knew about these hoses your talking about. He said use regular rubber hoses from the auto parts houses and just keep a eye on them for what made them give out may not have been gasoline deteriation but flame back problem. Now go a head and flame your point but do watch out for your family.
TURTLE
I apologize for the language etc. I had just been reading a Harley newsgroup, and they ARE anally fixated! Look, I'd love to use water hose, it's such an easy fix, but this isn't an application where gas spills on the exterior, of the hoses, but passes through the hoses. You might be right, and it would work fine, but I'm gonna have to grimace and just cough up the $ for the factory stuff. I got pissed because my bike was insulted. The Honda CB650 was one of the greatest bikes built; looks of an old Triumph, reliability of the Japanese, etc. It did 1/4 mile times in the 12's when it came out, and got about 55 m.p.g. Mine cost me $450 a few months ago, so it IS just an old p.o.s., but I've put about $1G into it. People get touchy about motorcycles. You might not even be the poster who said it's just a pos. I work about 12 hrs. a day, and then come online for answers, etc. Thanks for the help, and again, I apologize...

This is Turtle.
Do you really think the hose manufactors are going to make a different rubber hose for gas and another rubber hose for water. Auto Rubber hoses for water has to be rated for gas , oil, heat, Steam cleaners, and what ever you can put on them from the out side and have water on the inside.
Also i know of no rubber hose made to day that will say don't put gas on it or in it for it will break down.
TURTLE