Number 2 Home Heating Oil

$2.44 gallon today ($2.39 with early-payment discount). Maryland.
How much are you paying? Where?

According to www.westchestergov.com/consumergas/oilprice.ASP the price on 11/22/05 in Weschester County, NY ranges from $2.019 to $2.699. Pays to shop around.
Westchester county, NY paid 2.03 two hours ago

RBM (remove this) wrote:

Good question.....
is there an online resourse for regional oil prices?
Mark

Not that it would do you much good....prices here vary almost day to day, just like gasoline. Two weeks ago, it ws over $2.75 a gallon here, now its below $1.90. We recently installed new tanks for a customer, who was pleased today after we had quoted out the almost $3 a gallon fuel, when the final bill was given to them.
Oh..Central NC btw.

Nov 2005 13:44:47 -0800, Mark wrote:

There is for New England:
http://www.newenglandoil.com /
--
Seth Goodman

Uh, many of the prices are $0 or as of 2002. _Not_ very helpful.
Nov 2005 09:07:36 -0800, wrote:

[balt.general dropped]
You must be in CT. The CT part of the website appears to have been abandoned, and there's no link at all for VT
The rest of the website is pretty current - check out the prices in MA, RI, NH, or ME. Most are current to the past week or so, and virtually all within 30 days.
--
Seth Goodman

I'm locked in at 2.35 for the season. Right now it is running low of 2.29 to about 2.40 in eastern CT.

What part of Maryland?
We are selling it at $2.34 (if you sign up for auto delivery), but there are others cheaper than that if you sign a long-term contract.
Prices change every day, especially this year. You are best to sign up before the first real cold snap because then all of the aforementioned deals go away.....
Jack wrote:

Isn't heating merely diesel fuel with red dye added?
In any case, people living in cold regions should read this book:
The Passive Solar House: Using Solar Design to Heat and Cool Your Home; by Kachadorian, James

Almost the same BTUs from either, but either can be used. Those or kerosene (though you get less BTUs out of kero).
It used to be that, back when it was 69 cents a gallon, people would order #2 heating oil and use it in their deisel trucks. Works just the same. Then the "powers that be" realized that those people weren't paying the road tax that was tacked onto deisel fuel. Thus the red dye was added to the fuel. Any dyed fuel found in over-the-road trucks are subjected to fines up to $10,000.

Not sure how many BTUs I would get out of that book. How many pages is it? If it is a small, pocket type, it would only burn for a few minutes.....
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

Ouch! I guess if I were to suggest you check out Fahrenheit 451 you'd think of burning that too, eh ?
wrote in message

No. Just the tree-hugging, the-sky-is-falling, global-warming-will-kill-us-all, we-need-to-all-drive-horse-and-buggies, tofu-eating books.......