Not My trim...

How come inspectors' ladders always look new? It looks like it was bought the same day.

RicodJour

R-

Here's why they look new......some times people doing inspections (like CE's / SE's) come from a long way away.

I know a couple who in these situations, go to the local HD ....buy a ladder use it & return it.

Or they charge them to the job & it get's "lost".

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

Bob, you seem to have omitted the DAMHIKT. ;)

RicodJour

Looks like about 5 layers of shingles...

Reply to
DT

Is that one of those fold up ladders?

Reply to
Tony

I'd like to know what that eye hook is *barely* holding up.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Nothing important - just the electric service.

RicodJour

DT wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@DT.news.wowway.com:

Should be able to use 2x4's for new trim where the fascia meets the shingles. Will make nice for layer 6.

Reply to
Red Green

RicodJour wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

If your premise is right in that they have electricity. Possible redneck clothesline I guess.

Reply to
Red Green

- snipped-for-privacy@n35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

Who says one wire can't do both?

nate

Reply to
N8N

It's an observation, not a premise. You can see the service cable looping down below.

RicodJour

re: "It's an observation... You can see the service cable looping down below."

Just for fun, I'm donning my lawyer's wig - the British kind, not the fungus.

Fact: I know that a single stranded cable is attached to the hook. Fact: I know that there are 2 sections of black cable shown in the lower portion of the picture.

Fact: I do not know that the black cable is the electrical service cable for this house. Fact: I do not know that the single stranded cable from the hook is attached to the black cable. Fact: I do not know that the 2 sections of black cable are connected to each other.

Anything other than what can be directly observed is speculation.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Obviously those are "structural shingles", and the owner's chosen to to add a bit of redundancy into the system.

Reply to
Jules

It is possible that the cable in question is for the homeowner's satellite dish. Beat up shacks always have satellite dishes. ;)

RicodJour

Probably two roofs. Being the corner edge, each roof would have 3 shingles, a starter row, first row of shingles, and being he corner a corner ridge cap shingle. Of course a good roofer would probably have at least pulled the ridge cap off so the second roof would lay flat, but then.....

Reply to
Mark

I'm pretty sure I know what the wires in the photo are.

phone line.......bare wire is the "strain relief" / "tension tie" taking the "pole to house load. The loop is the telephone conductor coming off the pole to house line.

I might still have one ot these in my garage from when my land line connection (very old) went away.....unless I tossed in a recent clean up.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK