Northeast heating oil prices and gasoline?

May rise dramatically as 40% of the region's refining capacity closes.

"While the largest loss by volume will be gasoline supplies, idling the Marcus Hook refinery early in the current heating season eliminates a major regional source of heating oil supplies in a market with relatively low stock levels, although a mild start to the winter has eased demand. By the winter of 2012/13, more regionally-sourced ULSD and heating oil supplies will be lost if Sunoco?s Philadelphia refinery is also shut down."

Government report (PDF)

News story:
Story and report opine that some of the shortage, depending on transport capacity, will have to come from Gulf Coast refineries.

Of course if one moved to Texas, there wouldn't be much of a transport problem...

Reply to
HeyBub

Refineries closing here because they are old, inefficient and over regulated. The ports are still there and finished petroleum products can still be shipped there. I was told by friend in epa that they had been importing most of their stuff as finished products in recent years anyway.

Reply to
Frank

hush your mouth, we don't need anymore yanks here, there is enough already. Besides, Tejas is a terrible place to live, no jobs, the economy sucks and by golly its just to damn hot

Reply to
ChairMan

And how about if that kind of person comes from, say, Mexico?

Reply to
Larry W

_____ But its the religious and gun capital of the world! How dare you?! ;)

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

In my view, they'd be welcome.

Reply to
HeyBub

Further making the USA dependant on the rest of the world. Not good!

.

Refineries closing here because they are old, inefficient and over regulated. The ports are still there and finished petroleum products can still be shipped there. I was told by friend in epa that they had been importing most of their stuff as finished products in recent years anyway.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:2viLq.30678$g snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

Over-regulation is indeed bad. Some regulation needs to be there. The problem is the lawyers and their loopholes. The US economy is in better shape than many and on the way back. Raise the taxes on the rich, not the poor.

Reply to
Han

We need realistic thinking. If one thinks logically, taxes on the poor should be raised, not the rich.

  • There are more of them. A dollar from a million poor people raises more revenue than 0,000 from a rich person.
  • The poor use more government services. Oh, sure, the rich are driven on public road and fly through government-controlled air space, but they don't send their kids to public school, collect food stamps or rent supplements, and are not treated at county hospitals. Therefore the poor should pay more because of the services they consume.
Reply to
HeyBub

Not to mention that when the taxes reach the point of being onerous, the rich, can move their wealth to various shelters and thus avoid paying all those now-inapplicable taxes. WE only have to look at Euro countries which have incredible onerous taxes on the rich, and where tax avoidance is endemic to the point that countries are going bankrupt for lack of tax collection.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

"HeyBub" wrote in news:A5GdnRKEqOxySGDTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I think firing squads would be cheaper. Definitely faster.

Reply to
Han

We don't have to look that far. Think California or New York.

The Wall Street Journal had an opinion piece a while back from a fellow who moved from New York to Florida and saved $13,000 in taxes. Oh, that saving was $13,000 per DAY.

I understand Rush Limbaugh likewise moved from New York to Florida, probably for the same reason.

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:K4ednZrI6v7mu2PTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Some states like Italy or New York, or for that matter NJ, have a LOT of political cronyism and/or corruption. But Florida has as only good point Disney World, and once every 5 or 10 years is enough of that.

Oh, by the way, I'd like to be able to save 13K/day, but that is only roughly my yearly real estate/school taxes here in Jersey.

Reply to
Han