Northeast heating oil prices and gasoline?

May rise dramatically as 40% of the region's refining capacity closes.
"While the largest loss by volume will be gasoline supplies, idling the Marcus Hook refinery early in the current heating season eliminates a major regional source of heating oil supplies in a market with relatively low stock levels, although a mild start to the winter has eased demand. By the winter of 2012/13, more regionally-sourced ULSD and heating oil supplies will be lost if Sunoco’s Philadelphia refinery is also shut down."
Government report (PDF) http://www.eia.gov/analysis/studies/nerefiningactivity/pdf/Reduction_in_Northeast_Refining_Activity.pdf
News story: http://fuelfix.com/blog/2011/12/28/feds-more-gulf-coast-fuel-needed-to-supply-northeast /
Story and report opine that some of the shortage, depending on transport capacity, will have to come from Gulf Coast refineries.
Of course if one moved to Texas, there wouldn't be much of a transport problem...
Add pictures here
✖

Refineries closing here because they are old, inefficient and over regulated. The ports are still there and finished petroleum products can still be shipped there. I was told by friend in epa that they had been importing most of their stuff as finished products in recent years anyway.
Add pictures here
✖
Further making the USA dependant on the rest of the world. Not good!
Refineries closing here because they are old, inefficient and over regulated. The ports are still there and finished petroleum products can still be shipped there. I was told by friend in epa that they had been importing most of their stuff as finished products in recent years anyway.
Add pictures here
✖

Over-regulation is indeed bad. Some regulation needs to be there. The problem is the lawyers and their loopholes. The US economy is in better shape than many and on the way back. Raise the taxes on the rich, not the poor.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

We need realistic thinking. If one thinks logically, taxes on the poor should be raised, not the rich.
* There are more of them. A dollar from a million poor people raises more revenue than $100,000 from a rich person. * The poor use more government services. Oh, sure, the rich are driven on public road and fly through government-controlled air space, but they don't send their kids to public school, collect food stamps or rent supplements, and are not treated at county hospitals. Therefore the poor should pay more because of the services they consume.
Add pictures here
✖

Not to mention that when the taxes reach the point of being onerous, the rich, can move their wealth to various shelters and thus avoid paying all those now-inapplicable taxes. WE only have to look at Euro countries which have incredible onerous taxes on the rich, and where tax avoidance is endemic to the point that countries are going bankrupt for lack of tax collection.
Add pictures here
✖
Attila.Iskander wrote:

We don't have to look that far. Think California or New York.
The Wall Street Journal had an opinion piece a while back from a fellow who moved from New York to Florida and saved $13,000 in taxes. Oh, that saving was $13,000 per DAY.
I understand Rush Limbaugh likewise moved from New York to Florida, probably for the same reason.
Add pictures here
✖

Some states like Italy or New York, or for that matter NJ, have a LOT of political cronyism and/or corruption. But Florida has as only good point Disney World, and once every 5 or 10 years is enough of that.
Oh, by the way, I'd like to be able to save 13K/day, but that is only roughly my yearly real estate/school taxes here in Jersey.
--
Best regards
Han

I think firing squads would be cheaper. Definitely faster.
--
Best regards
Han

hush your mouth, we don't need anymore yanks here, there is enough already. Besides, Tejas is a terrible place to live, no jobs, the economy sucks and by golly its just to damn hot<eg>
Add pictures here
✖
<...snipped...>

And how about if that kind of person comes from, say, Mexico?
✖
Larry W wrote:

In my view, they'd be welcome.
Add pictures here