Non-yellowing caulk recommendations

I am nearly finished with construction of a new shed. I have a few more trim pieces to cut and install and then I'll need to caulk the necessary joints. I'm using white PVC for the trim (Versatex) so I won't have to paint it so I'll need to use white caulk.

I've had some caulk that has yellowed in a relatively short time but I don't remember what brand that was. Does anyone have any recommendations for a high quality, non-yellowing caulk?

Thanks

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I've found that Dap is Crap, and Dow is Wow. Not sure about GE.

Most silicone caulks do well, acrylic not as good.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Please fix the configuration problems in your newsreader.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Something strange is going on with NewsGuy. My original message appeared after I posted it -- as it should have. I then retrieved the body with no problem and then marked it to "Watch" this thread.

When I came back to this group just now I couldn't see my original message or Stormin Mormon's reply but I could find Doug's repeated plea to Stormin Mormon.

Has anyone had similar problems recently with NewsGuy?

===============================

Stormin Mormon,

Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I would NOT recommend any silicone caulk other than Dow Corning 795.

I have been using Titebond for Metal Roofs with very good results. It is a newer polymer technology, not a silicone or a polyurethane.

The metal roof formula has better adherence than the regular Weathermaster, adheres well to wet surfaces, sets under water, and cures to a great bond. Similar price to NP-1.

Keep the whole world singing . . . Dan G

Reply to
DanG

Yellowing is due to UV exposure, so contrary to opinion here, acrylics should do perfectly well since they are inherently UV resistant. Silicones are also UV proof, but there is a problem later if touch up painting is needed. Urethanes, can't comment, maybe someone in the trade has the facts.

Joe

Reply to
Joe