Noisy Goodman AC Unit

Good evening, About 6 years ago we had an addition built on to our home and for this addition we had installed a Goodman AC unit. As best as I can recall it's been noisy from the start.
Several days ago an AC guy checking up on another unit told us that Goodman is not well thought of and I think he also said they tend to be noisy.
Here is the key point: He said for around $200 he could reduce the noise by pouring something into the Goodman unit and tightening some stuff up. I didn't think to ask what this stuff was that would be poured in, but he said that it would be a one-time thing.
This sounds like an unusual fix to the problem. Has anyone heard of this before?
Thanks!
Describe the noise.
When does it happen.
Where does it come from.
etc.
Based on your post the only thing that can surely be poured in that will quiet it down is concrete.
-rev
FS wrote:

Pour it right through the top fan grille. About one cubic yard oughta do it.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
FS wrote:

If a Goodman unit is installed properly it will do okay. The source of the noise needs to be identified then some things can usually be done to reduce the noise. Never let anyone pour something into a condenser without knowing what it is, & what it will do, good or bad to the unit! - udarrell
FS wrote:

If a Goodman unit is installed properly it will do okay. All condensing units have sound ratings, check and compare, Goodman is usually as good as most of them. A good tech can reduce the noise.
The source of the noise needs to be identified then some things can usually be done to reduce the noise. Never let anyone pour something into a condenser without knowing what it is, & what it will do, good or bad to the unit! - udarrell

Looks like the serviceman is saying the cabinet is rattling. Loose metal parts touching can make the noise. You could also put up a noise barrier between your house and the unit, such as a wood or block wall or bushes.... Too bad you didn't get a Trane!

bushes....
I WISH we'd gotten a Trane! We have two other units and they are Tranes. I was outside a few moments ago and one of them was on -- there's just a nice whirring sound combined with a low motor sound coming from it.
On the other hand, the Goodman is maybe four or five times as noisy, and the noise is a little annoying because it's not just a "whirring" sound. It seems like it's just a loud motor. It's not a clattering or "something's broken" sound. We've had it for about 6 years and it's never had a problem that I can think of.
Is this something I need to call a tech on, or could I just tighten all visible bolts on the unit?
Thanks for reading!
The only thing I can figure the service tech was talking about would be "Zerol Ice" -- an oil additive that is put into the system that is supposed to quiet the compressor down. I have had no experience with it, and do not know anybody that has either. Certain models of Goodman used Bristol recip compressors that were fairly noisy. There is a sound blanket that can be put on the compressor that does usually help a little bit. Good luck Larry