No water to icemaker

Fill valve replaced 3 months ago when water quit going to Frigidare icemaker side by side refrigerator although water dispenser on the door worked, Model GLR267ZCB3 built March 04.

Problem has now returned except I get no water to either icemaker or door. Do I have to replace the fill valve again or can the valve be taken apart to see if trash or debris has blocked one of the valves? When I disconnected the water line to the fill valve there was some debris in the water.

Water pressure to fill valve is about 40 psi. The fridge has a new filter in place. The valve has 3 coils, all of them show 180-300 ohms of resistense. ( one coil sends water to filter, the other two coils send water to icemaker and door). The line carrying water into the icemaker from the fill valve is not blocked since I can blow air through it.

Thanks,

Buddy

Reply to
rkillingsworth

Confirm your getting power to the valve, you will probably have to replace it again:(

Reply to
hallerb

Sometimes the piercing valves clog. Close the valve, take the line off the back of the fridge, and put the line in a bucket. Go back to the cellar, open the valve and see if water goes into the bucket. You may need a new piercing valve.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon